“Under new management” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peach Garden
44 St John's Rd, | Corstorphine, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Edinburgh EH12 6PA, Scotland (Corstorphine)
131 334 5901
Neighborhood: Corstorphine
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Under new management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We visited the Peach Garden a few times under the old management and were always impressed by the food & service - so seeing it under new management we decided to try again

First impressions were good, friendly welcome and our choice of seats - unfortunately that's the highlight, the restaurant was so cold we'd wished we'd kept our coats on ! not good at all.

The food order was taken & severed in good time & the starters were good, however we had to ask for cutlery (I wish we could use chop sticks & so did the waitress by her sighs when asked) we also had to leave our table & go up to the desk to ask for soy sauce - in the peach garden of old neither of these things would have been the case.

The mains came in good time after but were average at best - such a disapointment as the food here used to be so good.

After the meal it took an age to get the bill and even longer to get someones attention to pay said bill - even putting our coats on didn't seem to make a difference, to be fair the girl on the desk was friendly and took our payment when we went up.

All in not a terrible experience but service wasn't that good, the restaurant was cold & the food was average, compared to our previous experience under the old management this was a disapointment.

OK & reasonably priced

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Peach of a restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Small friendly atmosphere. Food and service were very good. Easy to find and there is on road parking.

Visited March 2012
“A family friendly restaurant where we are sure of a warm welcome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I eat at the Peach Garden about 4 times a year and are always greeted warmly by Joe who has an amazing capacity to remember us from our previous visit. Good choice of set meals at reasonable prices. We always take Chinese tea which is cheerfully topped up as required.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Don't go”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

We went for a meal on a Friday night and only went in due to it having a lot of peoria in there, we were greeted by a less than miserable hostess who asked us what we wanted within us having the menus less than 2 minutes... My wife ordered mini veg wontons and I opted for the chicken sate, my favourites.... Then for main we had half aromatic duck, again classic... The wontons were in my opinion as a professional chef from the frozen packet with win yips sweet chilli, my sate was far from it, processed mushy chicken in gravy... When I enquirer as to where the peanut glaze was he told me places do it different and they grind it so fine that I won't be able to see, feel or taste any peanut... That was ecause it was swimming in gravy sludge I thought..... On to duck.... 7/10 but dry with only battened cucumber and dry julienne of leek... Sauce and pancake... £17:50. The atmosphere were a mix of drunks and o.a.p's ... It was the kind of meal you sit and have a laugh about when you have friends over but at £50 I can't see the funny side...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

This is a busy restaurant at least it was on a Saturday night when I went. Service and Food were very good - although I did find the Schewan Chicken a bit too hot for my taste. I would certainly recommend it - but be warned parking is very restricted in the area.

Visited February 2011