“Friendly and tasty cafe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caffe Lucano

Caffe Lucano
37-39 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EL, Scotland (Cowgate)
+44 131 225 6690
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #474 of 1,899 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Cowgate
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Friendly and tasty cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We're regulars here and the coffee and breakfasts are delicious and staff never fail to make us feel welcome. Don't know about the regular restaurant food, but this is a great morning stop.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
“Nice little cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great place to stop for lunch. Always busy so make a reservation if possible. I had a soup and a toastie and it was delicious! It is very laid back. My friends loved their pasta dishes and the coffee is superb! Will definitely go back there again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant cooking, friendly and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Despite living in Edinburgh for years I'd never been to this place but was taken here recently and have been twice since, it's now a regular spot for me. Family owned and run, friendly, great value for money and some of the best (and most interesting) pasta dishes I've ever had, anywhere including Italy! Give the chain places a miss and go here, you won't regret it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've Been a regular customer for some time but I've been away from Edinburgh for a while. I stopped in for lunch and thought the new decor was just beautiful. I didn't think it was possible but the food is even better than I remembered also. Another thing to note is the cakes! I helped myself to a chocolate pear tart for pudding and it didn't disappoint. Caffe Lucano's is the sort of place that's great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just cake and coffee. It remains my fave place to eat when in the city.

“Disappointing service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been a regular customer of Lucano's for years, but went there yesterday for the first time since they introduced new decor ANC menu. In the past, customer service might have been somewhat rushed, but always ok. Yesterday I sat next to the door, which then was propped open despite it being a cold, wet day. I asked whether I could close it, but instead my friend and I were asked to move to another table. Understandable, perhaps. We then had our coffees and ordered lunch. After 50 mins, we still hadn't received any food, despite other guests who'd arrived much later than us being served. Only after enquiring were we then served food another 15 mins later. The food was lovely, even though this made for a late lunch. Eventually we got the bill, only to find that one of our meals had been charged for twice. We hadn't been offered a discount despite our order being forgotten, nor anything beyond 'Oh, I'm sorry' from the waiter. Really disappointing. In future I'll look for a different place with better customer service - after all, there are plenty of great cafés close by.

• Visited October 2013