Clearly a former Travelodge (I could tell by the font on the signs - how sad is that?!), this hotel has been tarted up to make it more funky and fun. Lovely reception staff, and an amazing central location makes for an extremely good value stay - £49 for a night is excellent, and includes a HAIRDRYER. That made this lady very very happy indeed. It's the simple, little things, eh girls?!
Didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but went over the road to Pret a Manger (my brekkie of choice when away on business). Have stayed in Sleeperz, the city brand, previously, and was similarly impressed. I would definitely return.
PS There was one funny moment on check-in when I asked where a single woman might eat, undisturbed, of an evening. I was recommended to try the Kama Sutra, the curry house just up the road, without a hint of irony. Made me laugh...
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Shandwick Place Edinburgh Hotel
- Travelodge Shandwick Place Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Cityroomz Edinburgh Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cityroomz Edinburgh is conveniently located just off Princes Street on Shandwick Place only a few minutes’ walk from Edinburgh Waverley and Edinburgh Haymarket stations and close to all the major attractions this great city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Cityroomz Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.