“Pretty fab but overpriced.” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Missoni to your Saves list
Agoda.com Expedia.com
Hotel Missoni
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1AD, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Ranked #13 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pretty fab but overpriced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A groovy kind of hotel.

Great Room, good nites sleep. Wifi worked well. Nice cocktail bar. Breakfast was one of the best I have had.

I dont think it is worth the price tag - but somebody else was paying.....

1,580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed nearby for two nights and went here for drinks pre-dinner on the first night and post-dinner on the second night. Really knowledgable barman who created a "deconstructed" Cointreau cocktail for me! We sampled a few of the cocktails and all were great. I would definitely recommend popping in and checking out the doorman in his kilt! ;-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The inside of this hotel was a total juxtaposition from what you find outside.
Color, prints, kilted bellman inside
Castles, cathedrals, amazing scenery outside
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Missoni. I found the Missoni prints and pops of color
were very welcomed after spending the majority of the day outside in gray weather.
The highlight of the stay during the Easter holiday weekend was a massage in the spa.
Unfortunately I did not pre-plan my spa appointments prior to arrival and the spa was entirely booked. Zoey offered to come in early to accommodate me. Not only was I quite surprised that she would do this, as I'm sure she had a full day ahead of her, she delivered one of the best massages I have ever had.
Her willingness to go above and beyond, expertise at her craft and the helpfulness of all of the staff that I encountered made this a very memorable visit.
I would much rather stay in a hotel with a more relaxed vibe as opposed to the stuffiness of the Balmoral or Caledonian. I will definitely be returning to the Hotel Missoni when I return to Edinburgh.

Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Disappointed with this hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. It was more like an up market hostel than a 5star hotel. Wacky colors and patterns seems to be what this hotel is all about. No comfortable lounge area, only a strange black plastic chair in reception where there was no room at all We had to stand in a queue as there were no seats in the reception area. Staff in reception were polite and welcoming. The cocktail bar is like a 1950s cafe with booth type seating like an ice cream parlor. Not a comfortable or welcoming setting. Breakfast was adequate with the minimum of continental selection in a cold and sterile room though staff here were very polite. Coffee cold.
Staff in the bar seemed stressed and had no strawberries, orange juice and drambuie in the 30 mins I was there. They were "waiting for a delivery". All staff in the bar were very young and seemed to lack experience or confidence.
Would not return.

Room Tip: We had a room that looked out onto the street and it seemed bright but rooms to the back didn't...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My new husband and I booked the Missoni for a little Minimoon prior to our actual Honeymoon for 2 nights of Luxury. How wrong could I be? The hotel is no more than a 3* shabby city hotel. Our room ' Maggiore' was extremely cramped with furniture that was poorly designed and maintained. The Minibar Cupboard had a very visible score about 6" in length. The glass top dressing table was chipped which could have resulted in a minor inury. The bedside tables were scored and scratched. The wallpaper was peeling off the ceiling. The bed throw was faded and very shabby. Overall the room was in need of attention. We ate in Cucina restuarant on our first night which was, for a 5* dining establishment, sub standard. Presentation was poor and quality of the menu and food was poor. After our first night I highlighted our findings with the Guest Services Manager. We were offered an upgrade however, as we were only staying two nights we decided it was too much hassle to pack and move rooms for a night. We did get a complimentary bottle of Prosecco in our room. Upon checkout another Guest Services Manager approached us and apologised for the state of the hotel and advsied that it is now looking at renovations and upgrades. However, paying circa £700.00 for a two night stay we felt extremely let down by the Hotel Missoni. It certainly does not live up tot he hype of it's name. On the plus side, yes, there is one, all of the staff were extremely polite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in this lovely hotel so unfortunately did not get time to sample the Spa or the gym. I found the hotel modern, clean and friendly. The staff were helpful, pleasant and friendly which goes a long way when you are away from home. Although I live in another Scottish city not far from Edinburgh it is 20+ years since I visited last. I had forgotten how beautiful the city is and how great the shopping, bars, restaurants, historic places of interest are. Plenty to satisfy any tourist even us native Scots! Once again The Missoni Hotel is highly recommended for anyone visiting Edinburgh. It is quite expensive but as the saying goes 'you get what you pay for' and it's worth every penny!

• Stayed March 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Checked in to this hotel for a short business trip and was delighted to experience something different to the mundane hotels I'm normally subjected to whilst working.

The stylish hotel is in a great location, close to all the shops but not in right in the centre, so not noisy at night.

I LOVED all of the Missoni trimmings. The design fabrics and small touches really made the place feel special and very VIP!!!

The room was small but adequately sized and again the interior design and trimmings made all the difference. A Nespresso and San Peligrino beverages in the mini bar adding to the feeling of quality.

Breakfast was a real treat of Italian delicacies or a traditional full breakfast. I tried both and they were terrific.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. It would make a great place to stay for a romantic break or girlie getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Missoni? Share your experiences!