“Best Hotel Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Edinburgh

You added Fraser Suites Edinburgh to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 - 26 St Giles Street, Edinburgh EH1 1PT, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Ranked #68 of 144 Hotels in Edinburgh
California
“Best Hotel Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed 5 nights at Fraser Suites. The location can't be beat! Right around the corner to the Royal Mile and a few minutes walk to just about everything including Edinburgh castle. Old Town attractions, lots of restaurants & pubs nearby. Airlink bus to and from the airport drops off at Waverley Bridge, also a short walk around the Mound or take The News Steps as a short cut. You can walk to Old Town and New Town easily.
We arrived early in the morning and our room was understandably not available so staff took our luggage so we can wander around. They were also very prompt in responding to my emails.
The junior suite was comfortable and clean. There were large windows in each room that brightened the rooms. We had a view of the building directly across. The kitchenette had tea and coffee facilities which is always a nice touch.
The bathroom has a large tub although care must be taken when getting in and out of it to take a shower. The shower knobs were quite tricky to operate. There just wasn't much room to put toiletries above the sink.
On a few nights when the winds were blowing hard, there was something that hit the walls and created sounds that kept us awake at times.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
FSEManager, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear JFE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fraser Suites. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The hotel is in a fantastic location for Edinburgh attractions, eateries and public transport links. With five nights in the city I am sure you managed to take in a great deal of them!

I am pleased you enjoyed your Junior Suite, the kitchenette within the room is perfect for when you have exhausted yourselves with walking all day!

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the wind but hope that it did not upset your stay at all and I hope that you shall return to the Fraser Suites should you return to Edinburgh in the future. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Evlyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Finnish first
Acton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in February 2014 and had a wonderful time. We had a lovely twin room with a beautiful view towards Princes Street. The room was very clean, with a small kitchen area and modern bathroom. Everything we needed. Many thanks also to Shay on the front desk who was able to book us in at the last minute for an overnight tour to the highlands. Everyone from the front desk, to breakfast and housekeeping staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is in an excellent location - under 10 minute stroll to Edinburgh Castle and just up the hill from the train station. We took a cab to save the climb - less than a 3 minute drive and easily walkable if you pack less than I did. Also an easy walk to Princes Street for shopping, the Scottish National Gallery (highly recommend), Holyrood Palace and many excellent restaurants. Would love to stay here on our next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Would suggest a higher floor with a view over Princes Street.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lynn Z,

I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter had a fantastic stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us in Edinburgh. I am happy that our friendly team were able to assist you with your travel plans. The Highland tours certainly can make a city break into a holiday and they are perfectly situated on our doorstep as are most of Edinburgh's attractions!

We shall look forward to your next visit with us where you can explore the city further.

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the hotel, I was swept away with their excellent customer service and the help they gave us in navigating the city. The location is superb-we had a view of the city that was to die for. When I return to Edinburgh, I WILL be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2014
FSEManager, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear flomodb8rox ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your wonderful stay.

Our team are always happy to help and offer recommendations and advice on our beautiful city. I am sure they will be delighted to hear that they enhanced your stay in Edinburgh so much.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Fraser Suites on your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was a xmas present from my inlaws. We stayed in Room 105 which backed onto the steps from the old town to the new town. It was very noisy with people going up and down the stairs at all times of the day and night. The bed was far too soft and the room was on the small side. The piece de la resistance was the shower which emitted next to no water.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front and not the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Annieinn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am terribly disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay as well as we and you would have hoped. We aim to provide every guest with an enjoyable and comfortable stay and can only apologies that you did not have this experience. I shall bring your comments regarding the water pressure to the attention of our maintenance team and have any issues rectified.

Being in the city centre we would love every guest to have a beautiful view of the Edinburgh skyline however being based in the city centre, unfortunately this is not always possible. We do try to accommodate all special requests as to the best of our ability would have strived to better accommodate you had we known you were dissatisfied with your allocated room.

We do have a variety of room types available of differing sizes, the classic rooms are comfortable and well appointed however for a larger living space we offer a choice of junior suites, one bedroom apartments and the bespoke suites for something extra special.

I hope that you will visit the Fraser Suites again and shall better enjoy our beautiful listed building. Should you require any assistance or recommendations on room type then please do not hesitate to contact the team who will be happy to help.

McLean, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Wonderfully large and well appointed 1 bedroom apartment has everything one needs, at the price of a regular room in other hotels. Very friendly staff. (A room guide to tv etc, dining and other destinations in the area would be helpful). Would definitely pick this hotel again!

Stayed March 2014
Dear CarthageMcLean_VA ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your lovely stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the one bedroom apartment. Indeed they are spacious and very comfortable.

We recognise that there was a need for more information in the room and have introduced detailed compendiums to each room with information about the in-room and hotel facilities.

To assist with your choice of restaurants in Edinburgh we have an extensive list at reception of a wide variety of eateries of all types. With the fabulous range of dining options in Edinburgh I am confident that you would have been well looked after however our friendly team are always on hand to offer any assistance or make reservations on your behalf.

I hope that you will visit the Fraser Suites again soon.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Having just spent the weekend of 14th March 16th March at the Fraser Suite Hotel, Edinburgh, I must say we were slightly disappointed. Lovely hotel in a great location, room was a fair size with great facilities, such as a little kitchenette and the bed was extremely comfy. Only thing to let it down was its cleanliness in the room. We were given strangely a disabled access room, which was fine, however, the huge shower drain was full of gunk and hair and the shower curtains were as much use as a chocolate fire guard, so flooding the bathroom was inevitable! Found quite a few hairs clumps of hair on the carpet which was rather stained and the surfaces were quite dusty. Also upon leaving the restaurant via one of the internal doors one evening, we spotted a mouse!! I don't think leaving the meal leftovers in the joining small corridor is particularly ideal. Mentioned this to reception, staff were extremely courteous, but left a little sicky feeling in my stomach, especially as I am pregnant!! I'm not sure if I would stay again, if I did, it would be for the location only. Being only minutes from the castle, station, Royal Mile was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FSGManager, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review after you recent stay with us at Fraser Suites Edinburgh.
We have a variety of room and suites to suit all travellers needs. The room you were assigned is one of our spacious Junior Suites, some of which have been designed to be fully accessible. The bathroom in this particular room is a wet room, and shower curtains for privacy rather than as a barrier. I am sorry housekeeping fell short of our normal standard, I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping Manager.
I am very concerned by your comment regarding you sighting a mouse. We have a service agreement in place with a pest control company who carry out regular inspections which give us detailed reports, I can assure you that no activity within this property has been recorded recently or in the past.
If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 0131 221 7200
Wishing you the very best for your imminent arrival from all at Fraser Suites Edinburgh.
FIFE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in February, and had the pleasure of being in the Observatory Suite. Amazing room. Cannot fault it, every aspect of the suite was faultless, from the décor to the L'Occitane toiletries, we even had a balcony with fantastic views of Edinburgh. Our whole experience was wonderful. Every hotel staff member we had contact with were so friendly and helpful. The only reason I cannot give 5 out of 5 is there was no information package in the room about the hotel services, not even a hotel phone list. There was also an issue with building work being done outside our bedroom window at 8am. We heard the noise, but unbeknown to us how close the workman were, we went out to our balcony for morning coffee, and they were literally right next to our balcony. Awkward! We feel we should have been pre-warned of this. That aside we are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ittlefing,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Observatory Suite, it is my own personal favourite! I love the views toward Calton Hill, the opportunity to sit out on the balcony on one of our rare sunny days is magical with Edinburgh below you. The dark oak woodwork together with the original artwork makes this room very unique, I am pleased that you were able to experience it.

I am delighted to confirm that all rooms now have a compendium with hotel and room information as well as the existing Edinburgh information provided.

I am sorry you were surprised by the building work, unfortunately we are not always aware of local works and timings however I am happy to confirm it is complete and for the better now. My apologies for any discomfort.

Our team are fantastically friendly and knowledgeable of the area and always happy to offer advice or recommendations whenever possible.

I hope that you shall visit us on your next break in Edinburgh. You will be most welcome.

Evlyn

Been to Fraser Suites Edinburgh? Share your experiences!