We stayed here for just one night in April and were completely satisfied. Check in was quick and easy, with a friendly receptionist. Our room (4th floor), although perhaps slightly smaller than some other hotel rooms we've stayed in, was beautiful and clean. The double bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom very modern. We loved the rain shower, great pressure! The kitchenette is simple but useful, a small fridge, microwave and a kettle with a variety of tea options as well as coffee and hot chocolate. Milk and complimentary bottled water is also provided.
Our view was inwards so perhaps not ideal, however, on the other hand, this did provide us with a quiet room and added to our restful sleep. The only downside was housekeeping knocking on our door at 9.30am when check-out was at 11am. We didn't book breakfast, so were still in bed. I would think a hotel should know when people check out and plan housekeeping accordingly, however we also should have thought ahead an put the 'do not disturb' sign on our door. Minor issue and didn't deter from our lovely stay at Fraser Suites. Would definitely recommend and will stay again if we return to Edinburgh.
The location was perfect : Just turn left out the hotel entrance and down "the new steps" which will lead you across the bridge and onto Princes Street. Very handy for busses to the airport as well.
Tip for eating out : If you are going out for dinner, we went to Wildfire restaurant on Rose Street. Absolutely superb food, but the restaurant is small so make sure you book in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the Royal Mile and near Edinburgh Castle, this boutique hotel boasts luxurious rooms, a gym and a restaurant. There are superb views across Princes Street Gardens. Fraser Suites Edinburgh features designer furniture, iPod docking stations and LCD flat-screen TVs. Luxurious bathrooms have rainfall showers, and the kitchenettes offer a microwave and refrigerator. The Broadsheet Bistro serves breakfast. Dating back to the 1800s, the historic building features bespoke art from the Edinburgh College of Art. Staff at Fraser Suites are friendly and welcoming ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Fraser Suites Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Scotland