“Perfect location for exploring Edinburgh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Edinburgh

You added Fraser Suites Edinburgh to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 - 26 St Giles Street, Edinburgh EH1 1PT, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Ranked #73 of 146 Hotels in Edinburgh
Colorado
“Perfect location for exploring Edinburgh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated: one block off the Royal Mile, walking distance to all the sites, shopping and restaurants. We flew into Edinburgh and took the "AirLink Bus" to Waverly station. The bus is cheap, has wifi and took about 35 minutes in rush-hour traffic. From there its a short walk (uphill) which we easily did with two large rolling duffles. So glad we didn't stay in New Town with all the construction and road closures- it was a mess!

The rooms were nicely decorated, spotless and quiet. The beds were a little mushy but not horrible.

The staff was very nice but most of them weren't from the area and didn't have specific suggestions for tours or restaurants, but we easily figured that out using the free internet service.

Have scones and coffee/tea at Deacon Brodie's cafe.

Room Tip: The hotel is built into a hill and the lobby is on the 3rd floor (ground entrance), so ask for a roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

it is brilliant to receive another fantastic review about a stay at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, and I thank you for highlighting the location of the hotel, as it is probably the best in Edinburgh. Very central, but still quiet with great views and with history surrounding the place - we are in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage site.

I am delighted you enjoyed the service and the new wifi available to our guests, too.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
Rainham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at the Fraser suites hotel last weekend to celebrate my wedding anniversary.The hotel is in a fantastic location for all attractions.the hotel is very tastefully decorated and the rooms are very spacious,modern and very clean.The hotel staff are so friendly and more than helpful.I would stay at this hotel again when i next vist scotland as edingburgh is a lovely city.

Dear Suerodger444,

it was a pleasure to have you here on your special occasion, and we all hope you will return to us again in the future. Please feel free to contact the hotel, or me directly if you wish to make a reservation. Alternatively, just visit our website for the best available offers.

We are very happy to offer the extra touches for special occasions, so I please get in touch prior to arrival and we would just be too happy to assist!

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We have just came back from an amazing stay in Edinburgh and stayed in the FABULOUS Princes Suite! I cannot praise this room and hotel enough, the decor was wonderful an the views were stunning,we even got the wonderful surprise of a welcome hamper containing a few little goodies on entering our room. Staff were very helpful and tended to our needs very quickly. We also used the bistro for breakfast which catered for many different tastes. The location of the hotel is brilliant you are right in the middle of everything,easy access to Edinburgh Castle,Holyrood House,St Giles Cathedral, Princes Street and the vast amount of pubs and restaurants. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Sara S,

thank you very much for another fantastic review. I am delighted you enjoyed staying in our Princes Suite, there are not many rooms in the city from where you can enjoy the view over the city, the Scott Monument and beyond towards the Firth of Forth from your bed!

We have recently changed our breakfast selection and operations, so it is really important to know that you were satisfied with everything in our bistro, too.

I am pleased you are planning to return to us, please do not leave it too long before you do so and visit our website for the best offers and packages.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The location of the Fraser Suites was fantastic. We arrived on the train and had no trouble finding the accommodation as it is bang smack in the middle of everything. Upon arrival we were upgraded from the classic room we had booked, to a deluxe one bedroom apartment. The apartment was massive and above and beyond our needs, but was fantastic all the same! We let like royalty :) . Even though our bedroom was right on the steps there was very little noise. The staff were helpful but when we asked where to go to eat they could have had a little more local knowledge, apparently one of the best restaurants in Edinburgh was round the corner but it wasn't recommended. Other than this they were excellent. The location of the hotel was what made it, it's so nice to go to a city and be able to walk everywhere from a central location.

Room Tip: Use booking.com and fingers crossed for an upgrade!
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to offer the best possible experience to every guest at Fraser Suites Edinburgh and it is great to know that you felt like royalty when staying with us, this is exactly what we aim for.

As you said, our location cannot be beaten, the hotel stands just above Waverley Station, overlooking Princes Street Gardens and just yards away from the Royal Mile next to the iconic building on The Mound and St Giles Cathedral.

However, I do feel it is our team that makes the difference and I am really grateful for the very positive comments you made about them.

Please do not leave it too long before your return to this beautiful city and feel free to contact me directly with any requests.

Best regards

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Fraser suites Edinburgh is very well located near to Edinburgh castle and camera obscura as well as other major attractions at the royal mile. I do not think you can get any nearer. Great for toouring Edinburgh. However probem is, i drove there. You have to park your vehicle about 20mins walk away and they cost me about 30 pounds for 2 nights to park. The hotel is otherwise well furnished with big clean room. If you are not driving and wants to tour the royal mile, this is highly recommended.

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your brilliant review, it really is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us in Edinburgh, and I hope you will return to us in the future.

For your next visit please note that we have an agreement with a nearby car park where our guests can benefit from discounted rates and where evening rates are only £4.50 for 24 hours. And as you rightly said, you can just leave your car there as every attraction is within walking distance from Fraser Suites Edinburgh!

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Edinburgh.

Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Having a cousin and her friend coming up from England last week for a long weekend, I wondered where to get them booked in and, because I live on the Royal Mile, I decided to book them into the Fraser Suites for their Fraser Holiday Extravaganza - stay 4 nights and pay for only 3! They were booked into a classic deluxe twin room with a view over Princes Street and the Firth of Forth. The large comfortable room came complete with a superb bathroom and mini kitchenette with fridge and microwave, large screen TV and all comforts. The reservation for the two friends had been made on 9th October and this had been duly confirmed by email.

However, when they arrived on Thursday, 25th October to begin their stay and I checked them in, the lady at the reception desk wanted an additional £50 from me off my debit card! This was the hotel's damage offensive policy! Nice one, seeing the two paying guests were pensioners! This amount would be reinstated on my debit card on the day of departure!

Next, the two ladies were issued with electronic cards in order to gain entry to their room and they were directed to their room on the ground floor. Just imagine our chagrin on entering the room to find a double bed made up - and no advice on how to work the electrics! So, seeing I had originally booked this holiday break, I went along to reception to report that a twin bedded room had been booked. The young lady at reception subsequently reported this to Housekeeping and a team of two promptly answered the call and came along to rectify the situation. Then I asked about how the lighting system operated as no switches worked. I was then informed that the electronic cards issued worked the electronic switch directly behind the room door! If only we had been advised about this on being issued with cards to the door entry system. Better late than never I suppose! There was also a difficulty in getting the radio background music switched off. However, persistence paid dividends and we eventually got it turned off.

It has to be said that once all these initial wrinkles had been ironed out, the two ladies had a wonderful holiday break - and enjoyed the breakfast options of either taking breakfast in the hotel diningroom, going next door to the St. Giles Cafe & Bar, or taking advantage of the self catering facilities. In fact, they happily enjoyed all three options.

The two ladies also availed themselves of the hotel's courtesy bus on the Friday to do some exploring of the shops in Princes Street and enjoy the scenic views of the Castle from Princes Street Gardens.

The ladies checked out on Monday, 29th October after a brilliant stay. When asked if they would stay at the Fraser Suites again - their response was a unanimous rousing endorsement. Yes indeed, and I would be more than happy to book them in again. And, in due course, I should get my £50 reimbursed to my debit card. As we departed, we did notice a lot of young people booking in - hence the need for implementing the damage offensive policy I suppose!

One observation I would make is that reception staff should brief guests properly as to the workings of the electronic card door entry system in conjunction with operating the electrics! Or, alternatively, leave instructions in the room as to how the system works.

Apart from the foregoing observation and the initial hiccups, I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It's in a fabulous location.

Room Tip: Back, north facing rooms tend to be quieter and have fab views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your brilliant, and very detailed feedback. I am delighted your guests enjoyed their stay with us and your comments will help us to deliver even better service throughout the hotel.

As you rightly said, our location cannot be beaten and our rooms and apartments are finished to the very highest standards. We do have the operating manuals in the guest directories in every room, however, we have now taken your recommendation on board and I asked the reception team to inform every arriving guest about how the keycards should be used.

With regards to specific requests (twin/double beds, view, and in fact, any other requests) , with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel in advance on sales.edinburgh@frasershospitality.com to check that every detail of your reservation is to your complete satisfaction. Alternatively, please email me directly on zsolt.jakri@frasershospitality.com and I will be happy to assist you in creating the perfect holiday experience.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to this beautiful city.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My recent trip to Edinburgh can't be better without the stayed at Fraser Suites Hotel..We had a really nice stay here, the room was nice with small kitchenette that has a microwave and small fridge. The hotel located conveniently and easy access to the old and new town of Edinburgh, lots of cafe and restaurants and walking distance to Edinburgh Castle. Loved it, it will my hotel of choice next trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for another brilliant review about Fraser Suites Edinburgh. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you made good use of our well-equipped rooms.

It is great to hear that you will be a returning guest here, please do not hesitate to contact us directly with the details of your next booking or visit our website for the best rates and packages.

Yours sincerely.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Fraser Suites Edinburgh? Share your experiences!