This hotel is perfectly situated: one block off the Royal Mile, walking distance to all the sites, shopping and restaurants. We flew into Edinburgh and took the "AirLink Bus" to Waverly station. The bus is cheap, has wifi and took about 35 minutes in rush-hour traffic. From there its a short walk (uphill) which we easily did with two large rolling duffles. So glad we didn't stay in New Town with all the construction and road closures- it was a mess!
The rooms were nicely decorated, spotless and quiet. The beds were a little mushy but not horrible.
The staff was very nice but most of them weren't from the area and didn't have specific suggestions for tours or restaurants, but we easily figured that out using the free internet service.
Have scones and coffee/tea at Deacon Brodie's cafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the Royal Mile and near Edinburgh Castle, this boutique hotel boasts luxurious rooms, a gym and a restaurant. There are superb views across Princes Street Gardens. Fraser Suites Edinburgh features designer furniture, iPod docking stations and LCD flat-screen TVs. Luxurious bathrooms have rainfall showers, and the kitchenettes offer a microwave and refrigerator. The Broadsheet Bistro serves breakfast. Dating back to the 1800s, the historic building features bespoke art from the Edinburgh College of Art. Staff at Fraser Suites are friendly and welcoming ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Fraser Suites Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Scotland