“Location Location..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Edinburgh

Save Saved
You added Fraser Suites Edinburgh to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 - 26 St Giles Street, Edinburgh EH1 1PT, Scotland (Old Town)   |
Ranked #63 of 147 hotels in Edinburgh
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Location Location..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We where looking for a place to stay and through bookings.com we selected Fraser Suites due to the location from the town centre and the price. It was an interesting drive through town but then that is half the fun. We arrived at the hotel dropped our bags and went straight to an open bus tour as we arrived early and the weather was great in the morning. we notice on the bus tour that our hotel was bang in the middle of town and 5 minutes from the major sites. I mean right in the middle of the cool stuff to see, dumb luck. Great hotel decor the finishes are really very nice the rooms are modern and well apointed but the location was a kicker.... we really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Kitchenette and big rooms, building site next to the back side of the hotel but we heard nothing..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear chris b,

thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you found our location ideal, I agree, you cannot get any more central than Fraser Suites Edinburgh if you wish to explore this fantastic city during the day or at night.

We always offer good value rates and we have special offers available, I am glad you found one of these suitable for you and had a great time in Edinburgh.

I am looking to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Yours sicnerely,

828 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
Exmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and found this hotel to be just the job. The Classic room is most suitable for a couple and the bathroom was nicely decorated, the shower was very good even though you may need a degree in engineering to work out how to use it!!. The bed was a little soft for my liking, but overall the comfort of the room was first class. We loved the fact that you had a microwave, fridge, cutlery and plates so you could make a small meal for yourself if you didn't want to eat out. Our slight concern was that there was not much storage if you are staying a while. The location of the hotel was spot on for the area and was only a few yards away from the Royal Mile. The staff were attentive, but didn't go out of their way to be over friendly (if you didn't initiate a conversation, you rarely got a word out of them!!). I would recommend the hotel and would go back there again. The whole experience in Edinburgh was very positive and the Scottish people were very friendly and always willing to help.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I only had 2 days to experience Edinburgh so I booked this hotel in Old Town. It got good ratings from Trip Advisor. I am not sure what I expected but I was pleasantly surprised!!! I was not disappointed. It was fantastic!! It is clean, modern, attractive, efficient and comfortable and a stone's throw from the Royal Mile where people walk up and down and St. Giles Cathedral. While I was there I became ill, not critical but still sick, and the staff, especially Melanie at the front desk and her partner whose name I do not know along with the dining room staff, Natasha, who brought be food to eat and checked on me were very attentive to my needs. They also called the NHS and had a nurse speak with me to be sure I was not seriously ill. They went well beyond what was necessary. When you are traveling alone and in a country other than your own, it was truly appreciated. I do hope that management knows what a wonderful staff they have. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know that is going to Edinburgh!!!!

Room Tip: If a room with a view is what you want, you need to request. The hotel is on the side of a rocky hi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear CeliaBell,

thank you very much for your brilliant comments. However, first thing first, I am glad your sickness was nothing serious, Melanie and I were really worried and it is great to hear that it was only a bit of upset stomach.

I have to admit I know what a great team we have here, it is a delight (well, most of the time...:)) working with them.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance if you visit Edinburgh again, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Yours sincerely,

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The location is fantastic. Turn a corner and you are in the heart if it all. The staff were wonderful and easily the most helpful I have had in years. Our rooms, even through a last minute discount site, we're updated with kitchenettes, iPod docks, and walk in showers. Add free Internet and great bar staff and these girls were in nerd heaven!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights recently. On arrival, several hours early, we were impressed with the location- minutes away from Edinburgh castle. The reception was clean and well presented and the staff very friendly. Our room wasn't ready due to us being early but the staff took our bags and said they'd call when the room was ready. We got a call an hour or so later so returned to be told we'd been upgraded from a basic room to an apartment, which was a pleasant surprise. We got into the apartment to find it was amazing, well decorated with stunning views across the city. We diet eat in the hotel but for a place to stay I cannot fault it. The staff were brilliant, even going so far as to give us an impromptu history lesson about some of the places we'd visited. Well recommend and will be going back.

• Stayed September 2012
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My fiance and I just spent two nights at the hotel. We had booked a deluxe room and had room 306 which had amazing views over Princes Street. We found that the room was spacious and very well decorated, I particularly loved the window seats! All facilities in the room were very clean, bathroom was spotless and the complimentary toiletries very good too. I have read some negative reviews about staff being unhelpful however whenever we approached them they were polite and assisted with what we needed. The tea and coffee facilities were replaced however we could have done with more milk (only 4 provided daily which isnt enough when you need two in coffee). The location of the hotel is excellent as both the New Town and historic Royal Mile are both within easy walking distance. We caught the airport bus into the city and it was about a 5 minute walk up the hill to the hotel. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I could guarantee to have a room with a view!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your comments, and please contact me prior to your next visit and I will allocate a room with a view for you (subject to availability).

Yours sincerely,

ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was top notch. Right in the heart of Edinburgh. Shared a room with my mom. Great view with large windows. Were able to open the windows and let in the fresh air. Breakfast wasn't included in our package and found it quite expensive. Minutes from the castle, great pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fraser Suites Edinburgh? Share your experiences!