“Worst "Italian" food I have had!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #454 of 1,789 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Worst "Italian" food I have had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

From the outside Fabio's looks homely and authentic. We went expecting Italian food and we received salty and bland "Italian" food. Overall it is the worst Italian restaurant that I have experienced. The service was okay apart from one waiter who scowled and did not listen to our food or drinks orders. As an Italian I hope no one experiences this restaurant and believes this is what Italian food is as it is far from it! My family and I actually left most if our meals due to not enjoying the salty taste! Everything tasted like it was microwaved and as they are not far from a beach they should have fresh seafood produce! In a sentence the food is bland, NOT ITALIAN, rubbery and salty!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ecosse
“Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We popped in on a Monday evening around six pm, the restaurant was moderately busy, which was promising. We tookour time selecting our meals but this did not upset our waiters.
The food, the service and the atmosphere was terrific and we enjoyed our total Fabio experience.
I selected "Family" below; 2 x 50+ and 2x 80+ but still a family :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I go here regularly, we went tonight for my daughters 6th birthday with family. As usual it was superb. We travel from fife to go so in our opinion its well worth a visit. Great staff, great food, great prices. The negative reviews make no sense to me! The decor is in no way in need of attention and I have very high standards. Perhaps these critics watch too many episodes of grand designs?! People complaining about it not being as good as their own cooking should perhaps consider staying at home to do the.........cooking. Well done Fabios, thanks for another superb night

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Take Away is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Haven been to Fabios before and always enjoyed but have now discovered phoning ordering and collecting food to eat at home - it is fantastic and I highly recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good, unpretentious Italian resto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited Fabio's invited on a business lunch with customers. Tasty Italian food, with a simple menu but well executed. Given the horrible experiences and low standards of the average Italian restaurant abroad, this place and the owner is to be praised. Not suitable for a fancy evening, but indeed recommended to get simple good food - that is all Italian cuisine is about anyway...

• Visited November 2012