We were in Edinburgh for business and extended our stay for a few days. For the business part we stayed at Apex International, for the fun part we switched to Waterloo Place.
It turned out to be a good choice! Both hotels are great, but the Waterloo offers more luxury. The room we got was not particularly special (just the interesting web rate), yet very spacious, with a great bed, large couch, flatscreen TV and a comfortable bathroom. The Yu Spa area in Waterloo Place is very nice as well (pool is not too large, so no lap swimming, but still - for a larger pool take the Apex international) and their fitness has all machines you'd want. The breakfast has a buffet section for continental breakfast; for english or scottish you can choose from a menu.
I would recommend this place to my friends for sure. And if we ever have to be in Scotland again, I won't hesitate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland