We stayed here for a week, celebrating our anniversary, and it was a really fantastic stay. We had requested an upper-level room, and they put us on the 9th floor. The view from our room wasn't anything special, but the windows were huge and let in plenty of light. The room was a nice size, the bed was comfortable, and the soaking tub was an added bonus after a long day walking all over town.
The front desk and concierge helped us out on several occasions (everything from day trips to dinner suggestions) and they were consistently friendly and helpful.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel twice, but both times food the food was fine and the service was fast.
The housekeeping team deserves special credit. One morning we realized something was wrong with the shower drain, it was draining verrrrry slowly and the water was backing up significantly. We forgot to tell the front desk about it when we left for the day, but by the time we got back in the late afternoon, it was completely fixed. Nice to have problems sorted out before you even mention them!
Edinburgh is a very walkable city, and this hotel is perfectly situated between the old/new sections of town, so you can easily explore both on foot. It's also right next to Calton hill, which has really lovely views.
A few other bonuses: the Rabbie's tour office/cafe is now directly across the street, and the train station is about a 4 min. walk away. Both these things made day trips very easy to negotiate.
All in all, we loved our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland