This is a beautiful hotel let down by the staff not being properly staffed in how to ensure its run properly. Having booked and pre-paid a deluxe room some three weeks before arrival, I was upset to be turned away not once but twice when trying to book in at 2pm as is usual. I do understand it was the height of the Edinburgh festival but for a 4 start hotel its not good enough to tell paying guests their room wont be ready till 2.30, then when they show up at that time to say 3.00pm. This was not a good start to the holiday especially as we had a show booked for 4pm and wanted to shower beforehand having been up since 5.00 am. On the last day we filled out the breakfast in bed request and woke up at 9.00 am to find it had not been taken and no breakfast or apology provided. This left a bad impression on us and we will not be returning or recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland