“Great birthday meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
192 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AZ, Scotland (New Town)
0131 225 3636
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
“Great birthday meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Took my partner here for his birthday and we both had a fantastic time.
Could only manage one course a bottle of wine and a desert between us- it was more than enough.
I had the salmon with olive and cheese mash- amazing. Going to try and recreate at home. My partner had steak and loved it.
When I mentioned it was his birthday, the dessert came with a little candle on top, very cute.
The only flaw is that there is one toilet cubicle in the ladies... but this is a small place.
Also, BOOK the door was never closed with people coming in asking for tables only to be turned away. On a Tuesday!

Midland, Texas
“Loved Wildfire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

On our first evening in Edinburgh, we walked past Wildfire on Rose Street & decided to try it. Since we were still jet-lagged, it was early & they had room for us. Note to self: make a reservation. My husband had stovies/corned beef hash & fish pie. I had salmon and potato mash with olives, sun-dried tomatoes & cheese. We loved it all, as well as dessert, ice cream with butterscotch ( his favorite) & Grand Marnier crime brûlée. Since we will be in Edinburgh for a week, we will visit Wildfire again!

france
“The Best Angus Beef I have never eaten before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

When we are in Edinburgh we are always going to eat in this place. We tried this restaurant in 2010 and since, the quality stays the same. We had a great lunch this week and enjoyed the Rib Eye with a whiskey sauce and chips.The meat is absolutely fabulous and the cooking just perfect! It's just a shame that French fries are not real potatoes...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SHAZ1986
“cosy, romantic..perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband booked this for our 1st wedding anniversary,, wow..from the moment we stepped through the door we were made to feel welcome.. cosy setting with approx 10 tables which made it more intimate.. the food personally i dont eat meat but the steak (fillet) with peppercorn sauce was mouth watering then sticky toffee for pudding amazing.. the only disappointing factor for us as being from newcastle not jus a trip to the city centre but would travel back for this resturant alone!!!!

SoCal
“Warm and cozy and they made me feel welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a very small and cozy place. 10 tables, 20 - 24 diners tops. Nice cozy fireplace on a cool night. I was on my own, and stuck my head in but they were full - The manager came out as I was walking away and asked me to come back in 1/2 hour and there would be a table for me. I took a walk on Prince Street and was glad I came back. I had one of the specials, a fish pie, like a pot pie with salmon, haddock, shrimp, and veggies with a flakey crust and also mashed potatoes inside the pie. It was warm and hearty. The white rioja wine was very good with the fish, and reasonable. The service was great-they made me feel very welcome and did not rush me at all, even though they were very busy. I felt like I discovered a real gem! I am only sorry that I did not have time to come back the following evening to have a dessert. I was tempted but finally said "no thanks".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere