“Stately Home for Our First Night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Invertruin B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Invertruin B&B
You added Invertruin B&B to your Saves list
416 Ferry Road, Edinburgh EH5 2AD, Scotland   |
Ranked #46 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Waterloo, Canada
“Stately Home for Our First Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A good friend of ours, Marshall (an ex-pat) , arranged this venue for our first night in Scotland. This B & B became our launch pad for what would be 10 days of too much whisky, pubbing and golf!

Our host Liz took us in like old friends and treated us to warm hospitality that would be repeated throughout Scotland during our stay. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable and large enough that two guys could share without getting in each others' way. My roommate and I shared a room that would suit a family of four. (My only complaint was that my roommate (Tony) snored through the night - but this was hardly Liz's fault. I should have anticipated this, given he has done this when we share a tent together on canoe trips; but I digress).

Liz served up a tremendous breakfast with all the fixings of a traditional Scottish breakfast. She included healthy options as well such as fresh fruit, yogurt and cereals. What made the stay most enjoyable was the way that Liz made us feel welcome, like old friends who had come back home.

Thanks Liz.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Truly outstanding hospitality, as always: I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Edinburgh but Liz's immaculate and warmly welcoming home. The Lilac room on the first floor is blissfully peaceful with a glorious view over the garden - and, like the fabulous bathroom next door, gorgeously warm. Every possible comfort is available; there's even a mini-fridge on the landing which supplies cold bottled water and fresh milk for adding to the range of teas and coffee provided in every room.

You could write a whole novel about the marvellous breakfasts: they'll certainly fortify you in the most satisfying way for the day ahead. And when you want to go exploring in town, it's only two minutes' walk to the bus stop and a frequent service which will take you right into the heart of the city.

Thank you, Liz, once again, for another wonderful stay. I hated to leave - but I'll be back very soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vitry sur Seine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lovely house,about 10 minutes to New Town on bus,warm welcome and very good cooking.Our room was the pink one and we slept like babies,It was very quiet.Just perfect.When i go back to Edinburgh,i'll go there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in the Pink room with my girlfriend back in August 2012 on the final leg of our Scotland road trip which ended up in Edinburgh. I would recommend this B&B as it is a perfect location for getting into Edinburgh and I would suggest using the bus rather than driving into the City.
The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast offerings were plentiful with a lot of fresh fruit to choose from with as the usual full cooked breakfast option available too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you are looking for clean, comfortable, affordable, and conveniently located B&B with a fabulous breakfast and wonderful proprietress (Liz), then you would do well to stay at Invertruin. I was there for six nights in mid-November and had a wonderful stay.

Having been to Edinburgh twice before, I knew the public transportation system was very efficient and affordable so staying outside of the city centre was not an issue for me. The bus, which runs quite regularly and stops right in front of the house, runs to and from the city centre in no time at all. The house is in quite a nice neighbourhood, too.

The Beige Room and the private bathroom on the third floor were rather large and quiet. Liz greeted me every morning with a friendly smile and then served up a very nice breakfast. We had
some nice conversations as well.

I don't think I could have made a better choice of accomodations and would definitely stay at Invertruin again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I couldn't fault our stay at this B&B. Travelling with young children is never easy but the room was lovely and spacious for all four of us with a fantastic view of Edinburgh which my 2 year old found more spellbinding than the television! I was quite nervous that we wouldn't feel comfortable with the children being so young and noisy but we were made to feel very welcome from the minute we arrived to the time we left. The breakfast was amazing with everything you could possibly imagine and the travel in and out of the city centre by bus was hassle free. All in all a lovely experience in a delightful B&B giving fantastic value for money

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

From the moment I entered to the moment I left, my entire stay in Liz's home was fabulous. And home it really was - the stay did not give off a commercialized feel at all; Liz truly does her best to be warm and gracious, and comes off as such. For one, my luggage broke right in front of her B&B and I was dreading the climb to my top floor room. Liz sportingly helped lug my very heavy luggage to the top and made me feel at ease.

She assigned me to a huge room with a separate bathroom (but it was right next to each other and it was no hassle) and it was for a very fair price. It's a bit far from city centre, but there is a very regular bus that comes so it doesn't make it difficult. All the rooms have their own coffee/tea cookies - I personally loved the caramelized biscuits. Also, fresh milk was available at the landing below - a nice touch! The breakfast was amazing - great selection, and eggs were done however you want on toast. Overall, I think this B&B itself is an attraction of Edinburgh, and I will be sure to stay here again when I come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Invertruin B&B? Share your experiences!