“Great Service, Great Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of passage to india

passage to india
Union Place (Opposite Playhouse), Edinburgh EH1 3NQ, Scotland (Broughton & Calton)
0131 556 454720
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Service, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I only ordered take away from this place, but from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out I got great service.
I was asked what I'd like to order, but I hadn't decided. "No problem sir. Have a seat, take your time". The waiter was overly nice, but in a genuine way. It was actually quite funny. Then when I was waiting for my food another waiter started talking to me..asking how my day had been, what I'd been up to etc..small things to kill the time, and they genuinely seemed interested in what I had to say instead of giving me run-of-the-mill chat.
Anyway, back to the food. When I got home the chicken tikka bhoona and chicken dopiaza that me and my girlfriend shared were both delicious. As was the peshwari naan that accompanied it.
In the words of a famous Austrian-American actor/politician...I'll be back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Still Craving the Haggis Samosas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I enjoyed the Lamb Vindaloo and Haggis Samosas so much that we went here twice in three days on a 5-day vacation. The food was just perfect.

Visited August 2012
Scotland
“Update Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I previously wrote a review singing the praises of this establishment but I am afraid I must advise of a recent visit where it was not so good. I visited in a group of 4 on a Thursday evening and can only assume it was the chefs night off. We asked for 3 chicken tikka starters and were told there were only 2. When the 2 arrived they were so spicy hot they were virtually impossible to eat. 2 of our party ordered chicken tikka and it was so overcooked it was so dry and without a sauce proved difficult to eat. Also peshwari nans ordered were not fresh. They were old ones slip and paste inserted and then rehearted. All in all it was not a pleasant experience and if we go back it will certainly not ne on a Thursday night.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Another very good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went here for the first time last year and very late too as we had been to a film at the Playhouse opposite.
Well we returned again on Sunday night, after seeing a dance performance, and again we were really pleased with the food and service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amman, Jordan
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We came in off the street to this lovely wee restaurant to experience yummy authentic well cooked Indian food. The service was very good, our meal consisted of a pre-starters, starter, & main which cost £73.50 for three people, mum dad, 16 yo daughter. all very hungary eaters from NZ.

Sign and leave a dollar bill from your country of residence and the staff will add it to their collection behind the bar. We posted a Jordanian dinar note, as thats where are living these days...... too funny!

Definitely coming back.