“Arcade on Fire” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arcade Bar

Arcade Bar
48 Cockburn St, Edinburgh EH1 1PB, Scotland (Castle / Royal Mile / High St)
0131 220 1297
Neighborhood: Castle / Royal Mile / High St
Luton
“Arcade on Fire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I just wanted to let you all know about this little gem that my boyfriend and I stumbled across one late morning while looking for breakfast. This place was an absolute treat to find, the brekky was very good, he had the full breakfast which came out in the saucepan (as the plate) and I had eggs florentine which was a first for me, I wasn't disappointed.
This bar really had some very cool charm from the colourful antique chairs on the right when you walk in to the brick walls and top hat lighting! I could tell this was a place to also come after dark. The menu for lunch/dinner looked really homely and satisfying too. I would recommend everyone to head along here if you like the less "man cafe" type of eaterie and prefer something alittle more up market with a cool and calm edge which doesn't break the bank. The pictures looked that good that another couple we were visiting Edi with wanted to go the next day - so we went twice!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Superb meal and great drinks on New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I was worried we wouldn't find anywhere decent prior to Hogmanay as we didn't have a reservation. We turned up at 6.30pm and Arcade accommodated me and my partner fully with splendid food (the haggis is superlative) and some great gourmet whisky and vodka.

Scotland
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We visited yesterday for a boys golf Christmas Day out, as all the courses were closed due to ice, and boy are we glad we chose the arcade bar, one of our group had been before and recommended to try for food.

Well we were made most welcome and the service was fantastic, table service for 7 guys cant be beaten ! nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The food was some if the best pub food you will get in Edinburgh, and amazing value for money.
4 of us had the tower and none of us could finish it the portions were excellent.

Thanks again and we will be back.
7 happy golfers

“Best haggis ever, great wisky selection, perfect service in a lovely atmoshere. 10/10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been with my brother to the Arcade, a small lovely bar in the center of Edinburgh. We ordered the Robert Burn's Famous Haggis with whiskey sauce and Princess Diana Style Haggis with Specially Made to Order Sauce. They were amazing and the presentation simple but elegant. The dessert special of the day was a lovely homemade sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream. The whisky selection was really huge and the service stunning.We have been served by a young blonde bartender that was doing everything:making drinks, taking order, serving food, with impressive knowledge about and always with a kind smile.A must-go place.Defenely it is a restaurant where I would love to go back. 10/10.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tübingen
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Place without atmosphere.we have been the only 2 guests. It was super cold, so that i really couldn't enjoy the food.
Food was tasty,the waitress wery kind...but we have been happy to go for the next drink to a warm pub

• Visited November 2012