“Rude Proprietor” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 441 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
London, Uk
“Rude Proprietor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

I have travelled all over the world and I have never had such a bad expreience at this B & B by the Proprietor and host: Bill McGill. He was not friendly at all on check-in. The following morning he never had the courtesy to knock at the door as he wanted to service the room. I was sleeping at the time and I found this very rude of him. Whilst I was having a light breakfast on the day of check-out, he went into my room an hour before check-out time of 10 am to service the room for the next guest. He then insisted that I filled out a review form and I rated his frienliness as 3 star. In truth I was being diplomatic as he never deserved a rating of higher than 1star for his manner which was rude and unprofesional. He took my review personally in an offensive manner. He then became very nasty and had a bad attitude towards me. He called his partner to come to the downstairs hallway and he made me wait, but the partner did not show. I was quite concerned why he had done this. He obviously does not enjoy his work as this showed in his bad behavior to me. I then left his property and as I walked down the road he shouted unpleasant remarks to me.

• Liked — No comment
  • Disliked — The Proprietor: Bill McGill
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)

Been to Garlands Guest House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Garlands Guest House

Address: 48 Pilrig Street, Edinburgh EH6 5AL, Scotland
Location: United Kingdom > Scotland > Edinburgh
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
Ranked #75 of 441 B&Bs / Inns in Edinburgh
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Garlands Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Garlands Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland

If you own or manage Garlands Guest House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.