When we pulled up, we were a bit scared when we went in as we turned up scruffy and travel worn. The welcome however was down to earth accepting and more than we could have asked for. Brilliant host, stunning building, we have now been spoiled with this tremendous place and now with this to compare to we are never 'slumming it' in a Travelodge again!
The breakfast was AMAZING the best black pudding and haggis I think I have possibly ever had. The bed comfortable, clean and smelling fresh. Bathroom was immaculate and full of well thought out touches which made the whole experience more special.
I can't rate this hotel highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 23 Mayfield is a 5 Star Boutique Guest House built in 1868 in the Victorian era, situated just over one mile from the Royal Mile, on the main bus route into Edinburgh city centre. The guest house offers easy access to many places of interest such as Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh Castle, the Scottish Parliament and Princes Street, which are all within a one mile radius. We have free residents parking, Club room, Hot Tub, Garden, free Wifi, all rooms newly refurbished and are en-suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your 23 Mayfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 23 Mayfield Hotel Edinburgh
- 23 Mayfield Edinburgh, Scotland