“Loch Ness Tour/Whiskey Trail” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Highland Explorer Tours - Day Tours

Highland Explorer Tours - Day Tours
60 High Street (The Royal Mile), Edinburgh, Scotland (Old Town)
+44 (0)131 558 3738
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$60*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our superb selection of tours are specially created to showcase our wonderful country. They are designed to make the most of your time and to give you an authentic experience of Scotland
Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Loch Ness Tour/Whiskey Trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very good trips both on the Thursday to Loch Ness with driver Steve and the Whiskey Trail with Keith. They were both excellent. The young girls in the office were polite and very helpful would definitely use them again when in Edinburgh.

Visited May 2013
ExplorerTeam, Manager at Highland Explorer Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Kathryn, Many thanks for your lovely review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed both your tours with us and will make sure your compliments are passed on to Stevie, Keith and the Sales staff. We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit :-)

Sao Paulo, SP
9 attraction reviews
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had a very bad experience with this tour. The guide was boring and he did not stop to make silly jokes while we wanted to understand about the history. He did not keep quiet and in the few moments I wanted to listen the audioguide he played music loud in the bus. I asked him to speak slower so I would not need the audioguide and he did not atend me. I asnked him to put the sound a little down at least when it was music so I could hear the audioguide and he did not atend me. He left us in the middle of town under rain and gave us a sandwich without a place to eat or a napkin. The trip was long and we spent too much time on the bus. The view is great, but I don´t recomend this tour.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent tour with us.

We encourage all feedback and do take complaints very seriously. We were obviously disappointed to hear that you felt your tour was unsatisfactory and not up to the standard that you had expected when travelling with Highland Explorer Tours, as it is our aim to exceed customer expectations and deliver the highest quality service.

As a matter of procedure, when we receive feedback a full investigation is instigated into the circumstances relating to all your observations. In order to help us fully respond to your comments, I would be gratetful if you could let me know which day that you travelled with us. Please email me directly to nikki@highlandexplorertours.com and I will respond to you personally.

Best wishes
Nikki
Sales Manager
Singapore, Singapore
“Day Trip to Loch Ness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Though the journey was very long, the beautiful scenery coupked with the snow capped mountains really made the trip a memorable one. Our guide, Keith was a very good and interesting narrator who entertained us with good stories on the highlanders.

Overall a very good day trip.

Visited April 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

ExplorerTeam, Manager at Highland Explorer Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi Stephen, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent tour with Keith. The Highlands really are stunning and it's great that you appreciated the snow scenes even though it's spring time in Scotland! Best wishes from all the Team.
Geneva, Switzerland
75 attraction reviews
“Exclusive Loch Ness tour with Keith”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

that was a first tour with this company and first time to the Loch Ness. We were a little bit apprehensive about the 600 km tour in one day. From 08h00 to 20h00, Keith was absolutely genial. A great combination between the talks and the music. I never felt a minute that I spent almost 12 hours on a tour with the same people. The comments were absolutely great, lots of cultural info, history facts, geographic explanations: All was top class. The tour is very well oiled, the stops are well balanced and you have the choice of activities whilst you arrive at Fort Augustus. I didn't go for the boat ride as I wanted to check some hotels/B&B but everybody on the bus whom took part of the boat tour told us that it was great and very informative. Keith once more gave a summary of the talk given on board the boat with some very interesting facts about Loch Ness.
I can easily HIGHLY recommend Highland Tours if you decide to go for a tour to Loch Ness as it was organised beautifully, despite the weather the landscape is great and the driver/guide was Excellent!!

Little tip: If you have long legs: don't seat in the front; the back row near the emergency exit offers more room than you can expect on any buses

Visited April 2013
ExplorerTeam, Manager at Highland Explorer Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your tour with Keith. It sounds as if you had a fabulous time and we're very jealous here in the Office that we couldn't join you! Thanks also for posting your photos :-) Haste ye back!
Marseille, France
“Stories and Sights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our guide was great about presenting not only the sights, but Scottish culture, as well. My friend and I took the "Loch Ness Explorer Tour," but we saw so much more than Loch Ness. On the bus, the guide played not only the normal traditional Scottish bagpipes, but also some more contemporary stuff by Scottish bands. We got to hear the dramatic legends of clashes between highland tribes, and all sorts of funny commentary about the Romans in Scotland versus the locals, and what Scots think about their own weather and whiskey. Now and then, you could tell the guide was running on autopilot, saying things he'd said a million times before--but it was forgivable and mostly he did a really good job of personalizing the tour. I'd definitely recommend.

Visited March 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi, Many thanks for your recommendation :-) We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your Loch Ness Explorer Day Tour with us and learned so much about Scotland, as well as enjoying the stunning scenery. We hope to welcome you back on tour with us again soon!