Gerry and Bill were wonderful. Their B and B is clean, beautifully decorated and they aim to do one thing; make your stay easy and comfortable. Our room on the third floor was huge and had everything we needed and more. The bathroom was large and clean and the shower perfect. Our breakfast was the best of all B and B's we've stayed in, a 5 star breakfast. The early morning conversation with Gerry over breakfast and the late night chat with Bill in the dining room made the stay very special. If we are ever back in Edinburgh, we will stay here. The location, too, just perfect, great Italian restaurant around the corner, great access to a lovely hike through nearby Holyrood Park with a grand view of the town centre; all was just perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet cul-de-sac within the oldest Edinburgh district of Newington, close to the city centre and walking distance to Edinburgh Castle and on a regular main bus route. Re-furbished to a high standard in 2010 whilst maintaining many traditional Victorian features. Official four star accommodation. Popular with guests from the USA and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Budget Places and HostelWorld so you can book your Gil Dun Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gil Dun Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Gil Dun Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland