“excellent tasy food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katies Diner

Katies Diner
12 Barclay Terrace, Edinburgh EH10 4HP, Scotland (Bruntsfield)
+44 131 229 1394
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #268 of 1,901 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bistro
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Neighborhood: Bruntsfield
Description: Katie's Diner is a small familly run restaurant where you will always receive a friendly welcome. Some say you can enjoy the best steaks in Edinburgh at Katie's and with our BYOB policy it is always a firm favourite with the locals.
forres
“excellent tasy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Lovely tasty steaks. We all had different meals and all were good. Nice atmosphere and friendly owner. Only down side the seats were quite hard and uncomfortable.

• Visited March 2013

scotland
“Really nice fresh Scottish food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Its a lovely little dinner. great service, waiter was there but not in your face. food was excellent fresh and Scottish. decor is a bit shabby but overall very good will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Il be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I had be recommended this place by my workmate and I was very impressed. My girlfriend and I shared a lovely starter of jallapeno poppers then onto the mains. I had a sirlion steak whilst my girl had a stilton burger. The steak was delicious with chips and a tasty coleslaw. The burger looked ace and she couldn't finish it it was that big. The service from the owner was great and it felt like I was sitting in my own house having tea, cosy and relaxed. I will defo be going back soon and I would advise anyone living in Edinburgh or visiting to visit this wonderful little diner, you won't be let down!

NOrthern Lights
“Friendly, amazing food, ambient, charming and enchanting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I love this little restaurant, the food was fresh, delicious and generous portions. The service was outstanding, humble made you want to go back for more! This was the perfect finish to an amazing day and a hidden little gem of edinburgh! Easy going, relaxed atmosphere cannot wait to go back!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Katies's Diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The following is based on a first time experience with myself and another person where we both had the cheeseburger and a beer. We both enjoyed the burger but were disappointed with the cheap oven chips and overly-mayonaised coleslaw. For the price I would have expected the quality to be higher. The staff seemed very friendly and we felt relaxed and unhurried. I like that you can BYOB if you want but they offered a nice selection.

• Visited December 2012