“Nice, comfortable place for lunch.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Biblos

Biblos
1 Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1HR, Scotland (Old Town)
0131 226 7177
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #867 of 1,790 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: At Biblos we offer a fantastic blend of restaurant standard food and drinks, as well as something a little bit different, in a laid back setting. Whether you are in for a quick bite at lunch time, a laid backed dinner, cocktails with the girls, or beers with the boys we can always satisfy your needs.
Mykonos, Greece
“Nice, comfortable place for lunch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went to Biblos after a visit at the National Museum of Scotland in early January,proximity being one of its attributes at that point.

We were seated immediately,as we went after the usual lunch crowd by a polite member of staff.
Menus were given and drinks orders taken on the spot.We ordered the nacho starter to share and 2 cheese burgers as mains.The nachos arrived within 5 minutes,and were tasty, with the only downside being that we were not given any small plates therefore ended up making a bit of a mess on the table!

When we were finished the burgers appeared,also tasty and hot. Ok the chips are frozen,but i don't really expect to find freshly cut chips in this sort of establishment.The burgers were cooked nicely,and the buns soft.Condiments are brought to the table in sashes,which might not be everyone's taste but i don't really mind.

The best part for me was that we were left alone to enjoy our lunch,and not rushed out the door as is the norm in other restaurants at lunch time.

The bill was very reasonable as they have a 25% discount on the food.

I would definitely visit again if i was in the area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“I was looking forward to so much more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I came here because it had a 30% off of food offer on. The food was overpriced for what I received so the 30% meant nothing. I ordered a burger and it tasted like it was the usual bought in variety and bought in chips so nothing special at all. A lot of the staff were standing around chatting with each other rather than see if the few customers that are in are ok. Biblos seems like a nice place with the potential to be a lot better but I won’t be back until there are some changes made.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Bland Biblos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Lunch here was a fairly humdrum affair although from the outside promised more looking quite chic & sitting as it does on a prominent street corner site. The restaurant inside had that slightly "tacky to touch" feel under foot and to the furniture and menus that you sometimes get in premises that double as bars at night. Staff were friendly enough without being intrusive although very quick to obtain the mandatory first drink order. The menu was not inspiring or particularly interesting comprising a few run of the mill staples. Burgers were at the core of it. The food was slow in coming. There was nothing wrong with the duck dish that I had but equally it was unremarkable. Companion's dish looked insipid and processed and I think it was as a lot of it was left uneaten. My overall sense of the place was that there was nothing worthy of complaint but I was left feeling distinctly underwhelmed and slightly disappointed.While I accept this was hardly haute cuisine and by no means extortionate, neither was it particularly cheap. Would I go back again? No, I don't think so.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Utrecht, Netherlands
“affordable place with good food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

In spite of its central location this place, which seems to be popular with students, offers good value.
We had some really nice food which arrived promptly. Staff were friendly. All in all, not a memorable place, but it does its job very well.

Visited November 2012
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for lunch somewhere with a nice atmosphere we walked past Biblos and saw inside it looked really relaxed and cosy. We ordered the beef burger with chilli beef, bacon and cheese and can I just say IT WAS THE BEST BURGERS WE HAD EVER HAD. The drinks were affordable and tasted good. The staff were also really lovely and polite. The salad was fresh and we will definitely be going back there again. Thank you Biblos!:)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere