“Wonderful !” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Navarre, Florida
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was one of the first restaurants my fiancé and I went to during our 2 week trip to Scotland. We enjoyed it so much, definitely our favorite dining experience out of the whole trip. Our waitress was so sweet and the restaurant was super cozy. We had a really romantic evening and the food was delicious!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Solihull
“Value and Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited as a party mid-week based on Trip advisor reviews. The food was of a high quality based on a fairly small but well balanced set of choices. The starters were all delicious and the fish specials were of a quality that we have often paid far more for. The location has a lot of character while being unpretentious and the staff were helpful and patient. The local beers were also of a high quality.

London, United Kingdom
“Generous Portions...Sunday Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Rounded off our weekend stay with friends with a lazy breakfast, well brunch, at the Compass.

I am almost embarrassed to admit that my hangover took effect half way through and I didn't finish my full breakfast- it was huge- and I certainly didn't need the extra portion of chips I ordered! And my wife's fish and chips must have been the biggest portion of fish either us could remember being served!

Good food and generous amounts set us up well for the long journey back home.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
england
“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had one of the specials - scallops with black pudding mash. Very good! Scallops were perfectly cooked and the mash complemented them nicely and the smoked salmon sauce was a nice touch. Finished with vanilla panacotta.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good pub, limited menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I like the Compass, it's in a great location, the furniture & decor are quality, the staff are friendly & (usually) efficient and they have a decent selection of beer and wine.

The thing is, they have a small menu. I think the menu is supposed to be seasonal and change frequently but it doesn't really change that much. Having said that I do like their food, the fish & chips is the best in Leith in my opinion & on my last visit I had the butternut squash & parmesan risotto which was awesome.

I'd go more often if they were more adventurous with the menu.

• Visited May 2013