“Had an amazing time! Cannot reccomend enough” 5 of 5 stars

44(0)1417776211
Website
Improve this listing
Glasgow
“Had an amazing time! Cannot reccomend enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked a Canoe Safari with Wild by Nature as a suprise for my boyfriends birthday. When I first called Wild by Nature to enquire I spoke to a lovely man who was very informative, he asked me what kinds of things my boyfriend and I liked doing and he ran through some of the different options available. I was impressed by the fact he tailor made the whole day, he was very knowledgable about the different places mentioned and explained exactly what we would see and what we would be doing if we was to take the tour.

I loved the fact we would be picked up from our address in Glasgow, driven to the Trossachs, spend the day canoeing at Loch Chon, explore the local surrounds and learn some survival skills(which is right up my boyfriends street) and then driven back home. We decided on a plan of action and he then emailed me with a follow up of what we had just arranged. Payment was easily taken care of on their website. At all times everyone who I spoke to at Wild by Nature was polite, approachable and professional.

On the day of the trip me and my boyfriends was very excited when our guide Tam arrived with canoes in tow. We was very lucky that the weather was beautiful and decided as it was very calm to go to Loch Lomond instead.

The day itself was AMAZING! I can't stress enough how much we enjoyed it, me and my boyfriend was in a canoe and Tam in another, he showed us the ropes of how to steer and off we went, it really was breathtaking being on Loch Lomond, we was the only ones on there apart from a boat now and then. Tam made sure we were getting the hang of it and wasn't getting too tired. We then visited a few of the islands on Loch Lomond, he was so knowledgeable and had such respect for the outdoors, he taught us lots of different things about plants, mushrooms, history of the islands and made sure we was ok at all time.

At all times Tam was a brilliant guide, his love of nature was infectious, you could tell this was something he was 100% passionate about.

We then had lunch on an amazing beach, it was priceless to be sitting on a beach just us! I've attached some photos so you can see just how beautiful it was.

After the day finished we was then driven home to our front door! There's not many days out that will do that.

If anyone is wondering if they should book a day out with the guys from Wild by Nature please do not hesitate, the whole thing from start to finish was brilliant, they do loads of other trips all tailor made for you and me and my friends are going to sort out an overnight camping trip.

My boyfriend has said this has been his best ever birthday present and I have to say it was deffo one of the best things I have ever done.

Visited September 2013