“A bit off the beaten track... but well worth a visit.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Description: They have only been open a short while Telephone 01560 323338
Description: They have only been open a short while Telephone 01560 323338
Darvel, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A bit off the beaten track... but well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Pleased and proud to be the first reviewer of this new and well presented restaurant that, although a bit away from the beaten track... is well worth a visit.... and if you have a reason to be in Darvel is a must!

I visited with hubby and baby. He is an indianfoodaphobe... or was. I have given this a five rating because the food and service was exemplary...... if there was an option to mark down on menu though would have done so. Bog standard menu, but when I explained to the staff that he was not so sure about Indian food and I was disappointed with the menu they asked what we would like and then delivered. They suggested a more traditional Lamb Tikka Balti for him and another dish made to suit me... King Prawn Seekh Kebab Sizzle?! (with rice and garlic coriander nan) Both were very yummy, but the latter was the favourite for both of us... as I said.. he is converted.

The food was cooked fresh, the staff so keen and lovely. The restaurant is new and clean and if I had a complaint it was that I was a wee bit worried that it was a bit too posh for my little one as she narrowly missed the wallpaper when after happily eating she then (when full up) threw balti sauce and rice all over the deep pile carpet... the lovely young waiter didn't even blink at this.

The restaurant isn't licensed and charged £2 per head corkage. They also do very reasonably priced buffet nights on weekdays.... taking hubby again soon to continue his education in good indian food.

• Visited March 2012