“Made to Feel Very Welcome” 4 of 5 stars

Invermark Hotel
23 Monifeith Road | Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Scotland   |
Ranked #15 of 29 Dundee B&B and Inns
Rhondda
“Made to Feel Very Welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here with family for 3 nights. My daughter and her children had a lovely family room with Jacuzzi bath and separate shower, all very clean. My room was a lovely size also although couldn't always get really hot water in the shower. However, we were made to feel very welcome with the housekeeper bringing us fresh coffee, tea and biscuits just after we arrived. There were also tea making facilities in the rooms. The breakfast was good too with a choice of fruit, yogurts, full Scottish, toast etc. Very conveniently situated within a few minutes of the town and Brought Ferry Castle. Would go there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Alfreton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Arrived checked ok ,staff very friendly ,2 night stay very good on whole.rooms a bit dated but not as property up for sale shouldn't imagine they going to fully update rooms if selling on.room clean and was cleaned during stay ,breakfast was excellant staff member looked like she did everthing while we where there so lots to do but very helpful and friendly nice stay ,not sure we like it as weekly stay destination.but made very welcome allthe same reasonable price

• Stayed August 2013
Cairns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Luckily we only spent one night at this dump. We thought by the website that it was of a high standard but not so. It is very tired and unkempt looking, the room was extremely basic, nothing seemed to be very clean - I dropped something and when I looked under the bed there were small bits of rubbish there. The whiole place smells musty and the reception area is very untidy looking. The place seems to have only 1 person working there On a positive note, the location is good, not far out of Dundee and close to cafes, bars and restaurants at Broughty Ferry. The breakfast was fine and the room size was good. I would not go back there but if you wanted somewhere cheap and only wanted to stay one nightand didn't have high expectations you would probably not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had booked a double superior room at this hotel for Friday 5th and Saturday 6th April 2013.
Having read previous reviews on hear most of which seemed positive with the exception of over booking, I felt that the hotel was a good, value for money establishment.
The hotel itself is quite impressive from the outside, a nice building and nice garden.
The person on reception was helpful however that's when things started to go downhill.
Shortly after getting into our room and settled down, another guest of the B&B came through the door to our room. Why they had a key to our room I don't know but I wasn't impressed.
The room itself was acceptable. Big room, clean towels and sheets but the carpet didn't look like it had been hoovered in a long time. There were even toe nails on the floor from the last occupant. Which is a bit gross in my opinion.
After we had gotten over the interruption and dirty floor, we were getting ready for bed when the fire alarm went off. Not once, not twice but three times in the space of an hour with no explanation from staff. By the time it got to the third alarm, i'd had enough. We packed our bags and walked out. No one was on reception so we didn't have a chance to request a refund or speak to anyone about the problems but there is only so much s*** one person can take.
The following day, after finding an alternative place to stay at midnight, we got a call from the owner who, after hearing our experience, was very apologetic offered a full refund and ensured that she would take on board all our comments and complaints to make sure they wouldn't happen again. She sounded sincere and I did receive a full refund which was welcomed.
I hope that they do take on what we said and resolve those problems as it did seem like a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

6 of us stayed here for 2 nights as in Dundee for a family wedding. We felt very welcome and were given lovely big clean rooms. Location was fab and within walking distance of bars/restaurants so there was no need for expensive taxi home. Housekeeper served us a full English Breakfast at times that suited us due to hair appointments etc. Can't thank them enough for a fab weekend and will definately recommend them to friends.

• Stayed November 2012
Heswall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just spent a week here with no complaints. Large spacious room and owners couldn't be more friendly. Large off street car park and free wi-fi couldn't ask for more. Excellent breakfasts. I shall return!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Durham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My father booked the Invermark for myself, my brother and my parents as we were going to my cousins wedding just up the road. We were welcomed with a smile by the owner and the manager was so helpful. She helped my parents carry their stuff to their room and even helped unpack! Rooms were lovely and clean and the breakfasts were very nice.
But I have to say the beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Like sleeping on fluffy clouds!!!
I'll be back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Invermark Hotel? Share your experiences!