“Currylicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Broughty Ferry

The Hotel Broughty Ferry
You added The Hotel Broughty Ferry to your Saves list
The Hotel Broughty Ferry
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 West Queen Street | Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD5 1AR, Scotland   |
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Currylicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Yum to infinity....that is all!!! Simply delicious, very well flavoured stonking food. Lovely warm friendly surroundings, great staff. Love a good curry and this is certainly more than a good one...it's excellent. Only down side is when the plate is empty!!'

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Sillypurpleeyes,
WOW !! What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Any Indian curry enthusiasts reading " yum To Infinity " must surely pick the phone up and reserve a table. You would be an ideal PR person for The Hotel Broughty Ferry. Once again, many thanks for your very kind words, they are very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Jeff Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just got back from a two day trip and was very very pleasantly surprised by the quality, and service at this family run hotel.
The rooms were very clean and well serviced, but above all the food was second to none.
Although I did not try the European menu, the Asian food and authenticity was the best I have experienced since travelling to Madras.

I will definitely use this hotel again when in the area.
Thanks to all who made me feel so welcome.

Room Tip: ask for a good size bath,.... they have some really nice baths here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
robyn16, Owner at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Jonaheh,
Many thanks for your very fine review, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay, also extremely happy that you enjoyed our Asian Cuisine. Next time you come to our hotel, please try our European menu. We source all our ingredients locally, in fact we can even tell you the name of the farm and the local farmer who supplies all our Aberdeen & Angus beef, also, our fish, seafood and dairy produce are all from Scotland. We are very proud and passionate about our food. Sorry, I'm getting a bit carried away here !
Once again Jonaheh, many thanks for your wonderful comments, we hope to see you again soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights during a work trip in November 2013 (and I don't think I've really been home since, hence the delay in this review!)

When I arrived, it was very cold & icy outside - the hotel on the other hand, was warm and welcoming. My room was extremely spacious, yet still cosy, and I appreciated the gestures such as the biscuits (what separates a good hotel room from a great one!) and the free Wi-Fi.

Because I was working unsociable hours, I rarely encountered the staff, but when I did, I found them to be friendly and helpful.

My only regret was that I did not get the opportunity to eat at the hotel, plainly because I didn't return until later in the evening. Having had a colleague recommend trying their curry selection, I wish I had, but nevermind, I will be sure to return next time I am working in Dundee.

Thanks all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Davieb 110,
Many thanks for your wonderful comments, they are very much appreciated. What a great pity you didn't have time to try our menus, obviously a friend of yours has eaten our curries, hence his recommendation. Next time you are up here, if you don't have time for a curry, I will box one for you and you can take it home ! Once again Davie, many thanks for your review, we hope to see you soon and don't work so hard !
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We held a function at The Hotel Broughty Ferry yesterday. Communication from the owner Jeff Stewart was excellent, our requests were accommodated to perfection, the hotel is lovely, clean & warm and the catering was delicious. Staff were professional, polite & welcoming. We hope to return soon. We did not stay over so cannot comment on bedrooms but the public areas are lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Scott B,
Many thanks for your terrific review. We are so pleased that you and your friends were happy with food quality, service and atmosphere. This just makes my colleagues day, we can always tell by their wide grins when a great review has hit the screen. Thank you very very much, your comments are greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you soon.
Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

20 of us went to the Hotel on the 20th of December for our office Christmas lunch. We were met and welcomed by Gerry the owner who said we could order anything we fancied and started us off in real party mood. The attention from Gerry and her staff was superb, even though the whole restaurant was full of pre Christmas diners and they were kept very busy. The food itself ,because of the free choice , was varied between us all , but every single dish was faultless. We had a great time, great food and great attention. We booked for Christmas 2014 as we left, why go anywhere else ?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EddieMay M,
Many thanks for a lovely review. Really pleased all 20 of you enjoyed your Xmas lunch, mind you with Gerry looking after you, what's not to enjoy ? Also we are delighted you have chosen our hotel for your office lunch in December 2014. Believe it or not, we already have over 400 repeat bookings for Xmas 2014, we must be doing something right. Once again Eddie, many thanks, we both look forward to seeing you soon.
Jeff & Gerry
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Returned on the 9th of January with five others. Three people who were dining here for the first time. The guests are used to top restaurants in London and Manchester. The comments came as no surprise. " wow look at the size of the naan bread ! " , " the tiger prawns fantastic" , "what a steak, cooked to perfection " etc etc
My own meal was one of the best , how can the chef produce the tastiest madras sauce on the planet ?
On top of this we drank a fantastic Malbec red, the proprietor really knows what he is doing when it comes to stocking his cellar.
I am a regular at this prime venue but I am fussy, if it was not as good as I say I would eat elsewhere , trust my review and book a table soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
robyn16, Manager at The Hotel Broughty Ferry, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Duncan 1955,
What can I Say ? Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Obviously you and your friends are experienced " foodies." It's always an absolute delight to receive wonderful reviews from diners, however, diners such as yourselves who have experienced Indian food in central London & Manchester, just adds that certain touch. We have a very good reputation for indian cuisine, In fact, we had a young couple from Calcutta staying in the hotel, the young lady informed our restaurant supervisor that the chicken Madras she had just consumed, was better than her Granny used to make !! Praise indeed !! So glad you also enjoyed our choice of wines, as you quite rightly point out, the proprietor has a passion for wine, in fact he constantly tastes them all, just to make sure they are perfect. Once again Many thanks, we hope to see you soon,
Tayport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Eight of us enjoyed dinnner from the Christmas Menu on the 19th December. 2013.
Fabulous choice of dishes, good atmosphere and excellent service. Quality of the food is excellent. Despite being very busy we were served immediately.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Isabella S,
We are delighted you enjoyed your Christmas Dinner. We are so pleased you were impressed with our choice of dishes, atmosphere, quality of food and service. It can be a bit stressful when we are dishing out over a 100 Festive meals a day throughout December, we are so grateful when we receive feedback from our customers, especially really good ones such as yours !! Keep up the good work !! We really do hope to see you all back at some time in the future and of course at Xmas 2014.
Jeff Stewart

Been to The Hotel Broughty Ferry? Share your experiences!