“Nice hotel, noisy room, terrible online customer service.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
#WakeUpWonderful from £35
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Dundee
“Nice hotel, noisy room, terrible online customer service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Myself, my wife and my children (5 and 1) stayed for two nights on a public holiday weekend.

We had a ground floor room just along from reception. The room itself was great, just as we always find with the premier inn. Unfortunately we were badly disturbed by noise from the room above us, so bad that the light fittings in the room were shaking, this woke both myself and my wife on both nights that we stayed.

Breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was good and it's a great location for Dundee, especially for Camperdown.

We received great customer service from the reception staff when they were told of our noise problems, but since making a complaint online, both emails I have sent have been ignored. The online customer service from Premier Inn is terrible!

Overall, I'd recommend the hotel, but would suggest requesting a non-ground floor room.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Kim R, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you found the room as you expected and the staff here provided great customer care. I would like to apologise on behalf of my colleagues at Head Office.

I would however like to discuss this matter in more detail and would appreciate if you gave me a call on 01382 561115 or e-mailed me on pitl.dundeewest@whitbread.com

I hope to be able to speak to you soon.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed one night as I was on work business. Had the best sleep ever in a great big comfy bed . Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Had dinner in the Beefeater grill next door and had the saver evening menu, which was great value for money. Overall I couldn't fault any of it and definitely would stay there again if I was back up in Dundee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have stayed at this Premier Inn several times and thought it was excellent, but our most recent visit was spoilt by very noisy guests in the room above us. They came in at 2am and crashed around for 2 hours by which time we just wanted to get in the car and go home. Apart from that everything was fine - very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ensure that you get a first floor room to avoid the same issues. When I asked about this I was advi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for one night - very comfortable, very pleasant staff and restaurant food very good and reasonable. We did have a bit of a wait for dinner but the place was very full. Otherwise couldn't fault it and very reasonable price too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you found your stay comfortable, here at Premier Inn it is one of our aim's and glad we fulfilled it for you. I will pass on your messages to the restaurant team.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this Premier Inn before and found it to be an excellent venue. As previously we found all the staff helpful and smiley. A credit to the Premier Inn chain. The room we had was well presented, with a marvelous large flat screen TV.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi

I would like to thank you for your review about your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. I will pass on your messages to the team, I am also glad you enjoyed our large flat screen TV's.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Dundee West soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I booked a room for the night with our 2 and a half year old daughter and considering the room for the night was only £35 we decided to book the all you can eat breakfast for £15 for us both, which includes under sixteens eating free too.
The room was very well appointed a very good size, clean with comfortable beds and far enough away from the main road for it to be silent throughout the night. Although that may be due to the soundproofing of the rooms rather than the location.
The breakfast was well worth the money, with an almost limitless selection and the service was excellent.
Both my wife and I were very impressed.

• Stayed May 2013

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you took full advantage of Premier Inn's deals. I will pass on your messages to the restaurant team about the breakfast you enjoyed.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Inverness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was attending a function in Dundee & stayed overnight at this Premier Inn. The room was clean & well appointed, beds comfortable & everything for an overnight stay provided. Reception & restaurant staff very helpful & friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that it was a pleasant surprise. I will pass on your messages to the team here.

We hope to welcome you back soon.