“Lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Scottish
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Food not too bad,they do small portions if you don't have a big appetite.Good for a visit if you are in the Ferry for the day.

Visited August 2013

“Wouldn't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The last time my husband and i were there, they also got our orders wrong, which meant we had to eat separately. If you go in as a couple then you want to eat together not at separate times. Staff seem disinterested also.

“awful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

they got our order z wrong. took ages to bring out food. crisp s on plate were stale. they also charged us for the table next to us bill instead of our own. crap food . don't think staff knew what they were doing

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dundee
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Mrs B and I visited last night for a meal. I ordered the home made crispy chicken goujons whilst Mrs B ordered the dressed haddock. Here's what we think;

Staff - young friendly but hopefully inadequate training. Our server appeared to be surprised when I asked what the goujons came with. I asked for salad dressing (an oil of some sort) and the waitress again appeared to be very surprised I'd asked and didn't know if they had any. When we challenged her about what kind of fish Mrs B had been given she had to and check!

Surroundings - We were sat in the old 'steakhouse' area which now appears to resemble a canteen with cheap tables, cheap menus. Not a comfortable place to eat.

Food - Well what can I say, we ordered and I kid thee not, the food arrived within a few minutes. Certainly less than 5 minutes, this is never good in a so called bar/restaurant. My chicken goujons were plentiful but soggy and tasteless, the garlic mayo came in a small PAPER ramekin and was no more garlicky than a flea in the air! Remember I asked for salad dressing of the oil variety? A bottle of Heinz salad dressing was dumped on the table and before I could remind the waitress of what I had actually asked for......she was gone. Mrs B tasted her 'haddock' which was incredibly small in size and did not taste anything like fish never mind 'freshly caught local haddock' She managed to eat a very small part of it and we challenged the waitress regarding the fish, but we were assured it was 'freshly caught local haddock' NO WAY was this the case, we both think that it may have been Pollock. A wee call to be made to trading standards is on the cards.

Overall - Absolutely awful, will not return and I beg others to follow. A Broughty Ferry 'institution' which has sadly lost it's way. Cannot wait for the arrival of the 'Spoons to shake things up!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Family Meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The 3 different meals served were all absolutely appalling, quality - none, presentation - poor, first and last visit to this establishment.

• Visited August 2013