“Good environment but not receptive to customer feedback.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 288 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Good environment but not receptive to customer feedback.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I initially enjoyed the atmosphere of this cafe but were surprised to find a piece of dry and mildly congealed smoked salmon in my ciabatta sandwich.
When I asked the owner about this she told me it was 'just the salmon' rather than offering apology for a minor accident in the quality of food preparation.

I was taken aback by this poor example of customer care.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Charming local initiative.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Was pleased to find this tea room; the family owners are so friendly and the home baked scones delicious. The deli section is still being built up but this tea shop is very well placed and it is a pleasure to be able to support an independent concern. The loos are spotless. Wishing them every success in the future. Now my cafe of choice in Dundee.

Visited March 2013
Fife, Scotland
“I can see what they're TRYING to do, just not there yet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been in twice now since it changed hands into Madigan's. The first time for coffee and cakes with friends which was fine and the second time with the kids for lunch.

I can see what it's trying to achieve but I'm just not sure about it quite yet. The seperate food counter/till is confusing. Is it a deli or a cafe? The deli options, whilst pleasant, aren't extensive.

The booths are too small to seat 4 eating comfortably so head for a table up the back which has more than ample space round it.

Shocking music in the background, I'm aware not everyone has the same taste but seriously, even pop the radio on instead?!?

Staff extremely pleasant.

We're all about supporting local independent coffee shops and with time this place might hit it right on the nose, it's just not quite there yet.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Freshly made and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I visited this little tea room in the heart of Dundee City Centre on Castle St. I used a Groupon voucher for High Tea as a treat for my Mum and Dad but I will definitely be going back for more.

They do a lovely selection of sandwiches, ciabattas and homemade cakes, fresh soups, salads and tea and coffee. The high tea was particularly good value at £6.50 and included tea or Coffee, sandwiches, cakes and scones all included. It was freshly made and delicious.

They also have a small retail area selling specialist food. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. Well done!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dundee, United Kingdom
“fairytale experience in dundee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

aww my new fav place, what a jewel in dundees crown, felt like i had stepped into alice and wonderland ..... took my neice and my great nephew for afternoon tea, with a groupon voucher, and what a real surprise this was, lovely fresh brewed drinks and a truely delicious trio of trays of homemade delights, nothing was too much trouble for the owner in here (happy birthday btw), we were treated like guests of honour ...... coulda stayed longer x

• Visited February 2013