“Scrumptious Cake and Coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Scrumptious Cake and Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I normally only review B&Bs on TA, but feel compelled to belatedly review this wonderful cafe. My daughter & I visited in early March while visiting the U. of Dundee. Had less than a day in Dundee but went to T Ann Cake twice for cake & a latte, both excellent. Without paying attention, I ordered a marmalade cake that turned out to be gluten-free. The cake was incredible, with a wonderful rich flavor & texture--I would never have known it was gluten-free if I hadn't seen the sign after eating it. We bought brownies to take with us on the train back to London, they were delicious. But the best part was the ambiance and the service. Ann struck up a conversation with my daughter & they had a nice chat. My daughter is now attending U. Dundee for her M.Litt.--so I am hoping to be able to enjoy T Ann Cake again when we visit. And we loved the map on the wall, with the commentary.

• Visited March 2013

standrews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Fab selection of home baking, and the lunch menu is great ,spoilt for choice ,a very quirky cafe,cant wait to go back .

Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Friendliest cafe in Dundee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have only just signed up to TA recently but felt compelled to write a review for one of the loveliest little hidden gems (not so hidden anymore) of Dundee.
Firstly the cakes are some of the best I have ever tasted. If it's a sweet treat you're after, look no further.
The decor + atmosphere are welcoming. Very kitsch, unique.
I find the range of hot drinks great too.
My only complaint (that's too strong a word in fact) is that I wish sometimes there was more of a varied choice when it came to savoury dishes + breakfast...
But let me finish on a positive note. The staff are super friendly. Always willing to chat + help you when you're spoilt for choice with ALL those cakes. I follow the cafe on Facebook + when you read statuses about the owner getting up at the crack of dawn to start baking, you can't help but admire their commitment to the business. I can't understand the review that talks down the service. Of course entitled to their opinion but I would always hope people would cut servers some slack on a busy Saturday. As someone who's worked in this sector before, trust me, we never mean to take that bit longer to serve you. We always try our best.
Keep up the good work, T Ann Cake. I'm moving away for my studies but when I come back at Christmas, T Ann Cake will be one of the first places I visit. It's a place I know associate with Dundee + what I love about it.

• Visited July 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“My Not So Secret Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

A dear friend introduced me to the wonders of T Ann Cake last year and I have been hooked on the place ever since. I love the warmth of the atmosphere, the crockery and furnishings that whisk me back to childhood; not to mention the cake. Oh the the cake! T Ann Cake is a place where diets are made to be broken.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“amazing little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

was introduced to T Ann Cakes by a friend and I am so thankful, beautiful, fresh and interesting food, lovely staff and out of this world cakes. They are so popular they are rushed off their feet every single time I have been there, but it is a small place, they do the best they can. In my mind, the service and food/drink they do offer makes up for any time you have had to wait!