“Love this teeny tiny little place on exchange street!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
atlanta
“Love this teeny tiny little place on exchange street!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Nothing else quite like it in Dundee. Fabulous light lunches with fresh, creative ingredients. For example my soup - roasted carrot, ginger and lentil and salad - beautiful assorted greens with goat cheese, seeds and a fantastic homemade dressing. Menu changes every day. Love it! Walking distance from the Apex hotel.

• Visited June 2013

95% Recommend
Falkland, United Kingdom
“tasty, quirky and excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a brilliant new addition to the lunch scene in Dundee. Every time I visit Dundee I try and work in a visit, either for lunch or maybe just coffee and cake. As a vegetarian choices are a wee bit limited in Dundee. Not here though! Although there are maybe only 3 lunch choices, they are consistently, innovative and excellent.
The cakes are scrumptious too!
The only problem is it is too wee.

• Visited May 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Cakes!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well, obviously - with a name like that.... Piles of fabulous home-made deliciousness. If visiting outside cake hours, one can divert onself temporariliy with one of the lovely (often vegetarian or vegan and with their roots in sunnier climes) lunch mains, but make sure you leave room for the main event - a cake! Particularly if the Mars Bar Brownies are on. Or the coconut and lime sponge. Or the always delicious Victoria Sponge. Well, all the cakes really... Even the bacon & maple cupcakes, which were so wrong, but soooo good....
Ann & her staff are always very welcoming - it's a tiny, casual, retro, laid back place, don't expect silver service! But if you want an excellent tea (Teapigs), coffee or chocolate, homemade lemonade in the summer and a delicious cake, don't hesitate to head to T Ann Cake.
Why not 5 stars? It's too small and it's too popular - they run out of cakes too quickly!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dundee, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

By word of mouth I was encouraged to visit T Ann's & since I had to wait for my son to sit his driving theory test I looked forward to visiting. I loved the vintage interior with quirky additions throughout... I kept having to look around to soak in the entire presentation of the interior. The food was amazing... I had a gorgeous bowl of soup with amazing bread & loved the presentation. Although I was fairly full from the soup alone I could not resist trying their scones... utter heaven & they make a mean soya milk hot chocolate too... which is rare. The service was excellent, swift & friendly. I did not feel like I had to leave the single table either, when they were getting busier, which was lovely... so I could stay put, write some letters & wait on my son to complete his exam. Definitely going back... especially to try more of their homemade baking.

• Visited March 2013
Saline, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We go to Dundee often but have just discovered this great place. Loved the atmosphere - quirky and informal; great service, friendly staff.

My partner had the cheese and roasted garlic tomato panini...I asked if I could have a slice of toasted cheese - with tomatoes - from the children's menu, and it was delicious.

And then...the cakes. I had the orange, date and almond cake - excellent. My partner had the chocolate and orange one which he said was superb.

We'll be back!