“good value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 31 hotels in Dundee
Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
“good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

friendly hotel staff, used the facilities eg pool, steam room and jacussi. plus 25% of all drinks at the bar!!! were upgraded to a room with view over the quay. great breakfast too. lift to all floors and rooms spotlessly clean. well worth a visit.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if possible. great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Hazelshouse

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are always grateful to hear directly from our guests, about how much they've enjoyed their stay with us. The staff will be delighted to see your review.

I am glad you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet, which is plentiful, varied and freshly prepared, through the morning.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

1,156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Tayport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I had a delicious meal in the restaurant at the Apex and neither meal could be faulted. Well presented and extremely efficient service. We would both go back and definitely recommend the restaurant to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Frances D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow diners. I am delighted to know that you both enjoyed an excellent meal served by our extremely efficient team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Apex hotel is well situated in Dundee and easily reached from the main routes. The hotel is well kept and the rooms are very good and spacious. The staff are very welcoming and will go out of their way to help.
We stayed over Friday and Saturday nights and the hotel was busy and seemed to be used by the locals as a meeting point, but there was still room in the bar area to sit and have a drink. Our room had all the necessary comforts as well as free WiFi. I would definitely recommend the hotel as a good option if visiting Dundee.

Dear OZZIEDGS

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with fellow travellers. It gave me pleasure to read your review which has been posted on our departmental notice board to share with the team.

We are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely
Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've stay here a few times on business trips. The hotel is modern and the rooms are well equipped and of a reasonable size. The bar and restaurant are quite good. The meals I've had have been surprisingly good - better than I'd expected for a reasonably priced hotel.

I understand from locals that it's the best option in Dundee. Several other hotels are under construction so it'll soon have some competition.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear swiss6

I was delighted to read your very kind comments following your recent business stay with us at the Apex hotel Dundee.

We value the feedback that we receive from our guests and we are so pleased to hear that we did not let you down from the modern and well equipped rooms, to the good meals.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dundee.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you like your hotels , then this is a good stop off situated in Dundee. Right on the front of Water overlooking very scenic views.
I stayed on the top floor and unfortunately the wind was blowing so much that night I stayed, it was very loud in my room. Other than this, it is hard to point any faults.
The spa is lovely but the gym isn't a great deal, small and limited to very basic cardio equipment and a selective range of free weights and machines.
I didn't eat here but I was supplied lots of coffee for my room.
Wi-fi is great, good access and strong connection when dialing up.
Overall, a solid average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Lou P,

I would like to thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed the scenic views up on the 5th floor, and I was sorry to hear that the Scottish weather kept you awake.

Thank you once again and I do hope we can welcome you back when you are next in Dundee.

Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the Apex for one night with my daughter. Staff were all friendly and the hotel has nice rooms and decent facilities. The hotel is in the centre of town walkin distance to most places.Its situated by the City Quay with a selection of asian restaurants to choose from. Its a nice setting by the water and luckilt the weather was nice so the stay was fine.
The Yu spa is small but relaxing all the same. The gym is laiden with modern gym equipment for those which wish to look after themselves.
Breakfast for £10 is well worth it, and the full Scottish was perfect for my busy day ahead.
All in all a nice stay and recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear wct275,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. It was a great pleasure to have you and your daughter stay with us and equally to here that you would recommend us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your Apex experience and thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Laurencekirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Friendly welcoming staff, spotless room, brilliant mattress giving a good nights sleep, lovely location overlooking the quay , bar prices lower than expected for hotel prices, breakfast good selection fast services coffee not too strong, nice lounge area plenty of parking. I needed an accessible room which was no problem and met my needs perfectly. Nice toiletries, bottled water ,tea coffee facilities , what more could you want, oh and very well priced

Room Tip: Ask for a quay facing room for best views.
Dear JillieA

It was a great pleasure to read your review of the Apex Hotel Dundee and I was pleased to read that you had a relaxing stay with us.

We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Apex Dundee in the future.

Stuart Grant - General Manager

Been to Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!