“Friendly pub” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 288 Restaurants in Dundee
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Tickety Boo’s is a traditional bar that offers a warm welcome and friendly atmosphere. It boasts a horseshoe-shaped bar and original stained glass windows, but there is nothing traditional about its modern standards. This top performing bar has won awards from Best Bar None, Cask Marque and The British Institute of Innkeeping. Tickety Boo’s has a great selection of drinks from a large range of Scotland’s favourite whiskies to rum, cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), world beers and award winning draught beer. For those of you who are not in the mood for an alcoholic drink why not enjoy a home cooked meal, coffee or some of our great entertainment. The Staff are happy, friendly and fun and are always quick to serve. Come in and listen to some great live music, compete in our quiz, play a friendly game of poker or watch live sport.
“Friendly pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Great friendly pub, located in Dundee city centre, good atmosphere and good menu, well priced food and drink

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Ok for a quick drink”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Visited with friend just before going to the theatre, was quite rowdy considering it was only 7pm but was cosy environment and staff were relatively quick to serve us.

Visited October 2012
GusWelsh, Manager at Tickety Boo's, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
I have just begun to use Trip Advisor so firstly I would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to respond to your review. We are very sorry that you found Tickety Boo’s to be rowdy, it is very unusual for the pub to be that way but given our location in the city I do understand that it can happen. How we deal with it when it does occur is what is important and I am very proud of the team who are normally very quick to calm any situations down. I am very sorry that we never dealt with the situation to your satisfaction, I do not remember the time that you came in so I cannot give you any answers to why the pub may have been rowdy that evening and why this was not resolved quickly. We have won awards for social responsibility that involve proving to a judging panel that we have strict rules in place that go above and beyond the law to prevent anything getting out of hand. We normally get a lot of positive feedback from customers that Tickety Boo’s is a very friendly and safe place to come for a drink. I hope this one occasion has not discouraged you from coming back because I am sure the next time you come in you will have a very different experience and you will see us to be the safe welcoming pub that other customers do.
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“hot chilli!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

very good service value for money and the hottest chilli ive ever tasted its a must if u like hot food xx

Visited September 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Great Pub, Fab Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My Husband and I have been toDunee a few time and always end up in Tickety Boos, They have live music and the guys are just fab. We met a few really nice people, so friendly and kind. We had the best nigh. All the staff were brilliant and I cant recomend enough.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fife
“Nice Wee Pub Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Love going to this pub for lunch. It is popular with a lot of people and locals. Its not a big place there are some seats upstairs also but we always like to be down stairs. Friendly service and good variety on the menu. Nice place to go for just a drink or food your always made to feel welcome. Looking forward to my next lunch there!

Visited August 2012