“Hidden Gem in Dundee” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Leven, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem in Dundee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went to Lily & Stone a few days ago after asking a girl called Cat who works in Starbucks if there were any good places to eat in Dundee. She suggested Lily & Stone and I am very glad she did.

The establishment is small, personal and friendly and there are lots of wonderful looking cakes and scones around that are very tempting. We both had paninis which were brilliant and the rest of the menu looked extremely inviting. I also had a very tasty cup of coffee while my friend had a pot of fruit tea. Because of Lily & Stone I can now look forward to eating while in Dundee again and I will most certainly going back.

• Visited April 2013

dundee
“Just what Dundee was lacking- loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

From the minute we arrived, I loved this place.We were welcomed by a very tall , handsome gentleman who talked me and my friend through the menu and helped us choose- mainly because we couldnt choose- as everything on the menu was so "up our street"!! Service was spot on, atmosphere easy and the food was was a delight! I will also use this ( now that i have been there) for take away lunches when Im bored of the usual m&s sandwiches.. I am not one to write many reviews but on this just hit the mark! What a lovely change from all the usual high street cafes! I also believe this lovely couple also have a cafe / bistro in St Andrews...will try that this summer.

• Visited April 2013
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went for the savoury afternoon tea and were very impressed both with the range of goodies to eat and the friendly staff. Variety of teas available. Such a treat! A real. Gem in the centre of Dundee.

• Visited March 2013
“Fab food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We often visit the Lily &Stone when we are town, it's our favourite eating place for lunch. The menu has something for all, it is so well presented. The soup in a mug and panini is our choice of the day, onion soup with Stilton, was tasty and the array of paninis do not disappoint. The selections of cakes are to die for, forget the calories.

“fantastic will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

went for lunch with a friend - very pleasantly surprised- we had afternoon t - and there was so much we had to take the cakes home. Great selection will definitely recommend and return.

• Visited March 2013