“Superb!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Superb!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Fantastic tasty food, great atmosphere, service was top notch and very friendly staff.

Well worth a visit.

• Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
“very dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We came here last month for my friends birthday there was 10 of us...and sorry to say was very dissapointed...
I had taken a balloon over the night before which wasnt on the table when we went in for our meal..I had to ask for it to be put on her chair...which kinda spoiled the moment...
We had been seated for about 15 minutes before anyone approached us regards drinks...we had to wait a further 40 minutes to get bread on the table and when we finally did get it it wasnt cooked and very doughy..
We waited at least another 20 minutes after that before eventually the food came out...wasnt at all what I expected.. alot of the food was.tasteless and far too salty..I have had spanish tapas in the past and the food we were served wasnt authentic tapas..
The wine is very expensive with not even the option of a house wine and the sangria was priced at £15.00 a jug...which wasnt great either and very overpriced...
I would have thought with a table of 10 the service would have been better but that was a let down also..
Out of all the girls there that night I dont think anyone will be dining here again....

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent 21st birthday meal had here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Came to this fabulous restaurant for my friends 21st and will definitely be back soon. Had heard a lot of great reviews and it certainly lived up to my expectations ! Brilliant when you are with friends as you can share the dishes and talk about how amazing the food is. The waiter was such a personality and was very attentive. Loved it when he gave us malibu on our coconut ice cream desserts, tasted divine. Great value for money and a gem of a restaurant in Dundee !

“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Whilst visiting friends in the area I was browsing Trip Advisor to find us a place to eat that evening, when I came across all the excellent reviews about this restaurant and booked a meal for that night, a Wednesday evening. I can say that The Tapas Bar deserves to be no 1 in the Dundee area and I agree wholeheartedly with all the other 5 star reviews. Any restuarant that has every table filled on a Wednesday evening has to be doing something right - and Philip and his staff know exactly what they are doing right and are doing it with passion and flair.

Keep up the good work- we had a great evening not just a great meal!

Monifieth, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Visited with my hubby for the first time on Friday evening at 7.00pm. The food quite simply amazing. The dishes just kept on coming and the house red wine was delish! Great value for money.

The atmosphere of a restaurant is a biggie for us and we're certainly weren't let down here. The service was amazing, with the host giving us a run down on each dish as it was served without being intrusive.

The Tapas Bar ticks all the boxes and would be great for a variety of celebrations whether it be a romantic meal with a loved one or a brithday group celebration.

We will definately be back! If you've not been before, you don;t know what you're missing.