“Dundee Double Tree” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingsway West, Dundee DD2 5JT, Scotland (Formerly The Landmark Dundee)   |
Special Offer
Spring Saver Offer
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Dundee Double Tree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for one night. Room was very comfortable. Staff were very helpful and breakfast was very nice. While checking in the staff kindly listed a few restaurant recommendations for us. The warm chocolate cookie on arrival was also a good touch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Matt D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor and for providing us with you valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guests expectations and I am pleased to learn that we have managed to do just that for you. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

In the meantime, if you wish to contact me any further, please do not hesitate to do so. I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future.

Richard Ellison,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hoorn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Good rooms but walls good be thicker ;-) staff is very good. Family atmosphere. Parking is good en the beds are great. Also free WiFi! Downside is that hotel is to populair Some make sure to book in advance. Will try to book everytime in Dundee. The gym looks great too.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Maarten B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guest's expectations and it is great to hear that you will choose to stay with us when you are next in Dundee. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much your efforts were appreciated.

If you wish to contact me further, please do not hesitate and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future.

Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have enjoyed a lovely 3 day break at the Double Tree by Hilton Dundee. Speedy check in & we were also given warmed chocolate chip cookies!! It set the tone for us!! V quirky.
The double room was a little small however perfectly formed, sound cozy decor, stylish bathroom - pls remember to close bathroom door otherwise you could set the fire alarm off!!!!!
Breakfast was fabulous, served in the conservatory - lots of choice, full Scottish breakfast.... To cereals .... Fruit & patisserie ....however, what makes the ambience is the staff... There are 2 mature ladies who manage the Breakfast Service & they are an absolute credit to the hotel - so welcoming & nothing is too much trouble! Ambassadors for excellent customer service at DT.
We enjoyed Dinner in the restaurant once, food was lovely & service was good, reasonably priced.
Hotel is easy to find & is in a good location, just outside of Dundee - even though it's just off a busy road.
We would recommend :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KingaNorthwest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback by leaving a TripAdvisor comment. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guests expectations and it is great to learn that your breakfast experience and the service provided by our staff satisfied your expectations! I will make sure to pass on your comments to our breakfast staff and the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

It is great to hear that you will be recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future.

Stirling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our group stayed last weekend at the hotel and do every year for a basketball tournament. The hotel is first class very clean with great comfy beds for out tired bodies!! We had a meal in the bar at night and have to say the food was amazing for all four of us and really good value!!
We would like to thank Liam for looking after us and going the extra mile to change the tv to allow us to watch X Factor. I am a Hilton honours guest and this has to be one of the best overall and I have been to quite a few, great staff so friendly and helpful working long hours too!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear markbStirling,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with you valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee and that Liam in particular made your stay one to remember! I will make sure to pass on your comments to Liam and the rest of our team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guest's expectations and I am delighted to learn that you choose to stay with us every year!

If you wish to contact me any further please do not hesitate to do so and in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The DoubleTree hotel is about 3 or 4 miles out of Dundee, just off the A90, so perfectly positioned if your travelling. Stayed on Saturday night for first time. The reception staff who were working were very helpful indeed - they suggested restaurants and bars to go to and booked us our table at Blue Marlin and our taxi. All the staff were great to be fair, the barman was very helpful and friendly on Saturday night, we sat and had a drink prior to going out and on our return.

The room was lovely, spotless bathroom, very comfortable bed. However - there were one or two things missing....an iron (I had to call for one, which was brought round immediately), a stocked mini bar in the room and trouser press etc. There is a bar and room service, I was just a little surprised the above things weren't in the room. It's not a deal breaker!

We had breakfast which was a hot buffet with continental buffet and lots of choice of juice, joghurt, cereal, danishes etc. Not the best breakfast in the world, but set you up for the day and as I say plenty of choice.

Would I stay again? If I'm in Dundee, I'd certainly would. I always say the staff make the hotel and as far as I'm concerned, the staff at this hotel were brilliant.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Miss_Kitten,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback by writing a Trip Advisor comment. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guest's expectations and it is great to hear that you will choose to stay with us again when you are back in Dundee. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the staff so that they are aware of how much their efforts were appreciated.

If you would like to contact me further please do not hesitate, and in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Excellent facilities, modern décor and great staff. Nice quiet location. We had a very relaxing and comfortable stay and would make a point of booking this hotel again. Very friendly and helpful people, good food and excellent service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Donald S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us recently at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

We take great pride in meeting and indeed exceeding our guest's expectations and it is great to hear that we did just that for you and that we made your stay a comfortable and relaxing one! I will make sure to pass on your comments to the rest of our team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated.

If you would like to contact me further please do not hesitate and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future!

Yours Sincerely,
Richard Ellison,
Dundee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Lovely surroundings and place settings for my mother's funeral reception. Arrangements made well in advance and no limits set for anything - promised to be a nice send off.
"A greeter will be a the front door to guide the guests to the reception area" was what we were told. If you call 5 minutes of that, and the family having to fill in for the rest of the time okay, then it was met.
Food fair, bar staff very friendly and accommodating. After initial problems with the open bar for our guests was fixed, we sat down to the food and chat. After a while the area was closed and we were asked to move to the lounge - fine, okay, no problem. We understand the area had to be cleared and set up but we should have been told.
After a couple of drinks in the lounge, Jodie the bar (supposed) manager came up to our party of relatives and friends and demanded payment for the bar tab, (£442 and change for 35 people, open bar, drink what you want, name your pleasure - think about it, not a lot of money)) and told us we were cut off - in front of the entire company seated in the lounge which needless to say went deathly quiet. We tried to explain the prior arrangements already made for payment and were met with hostility, no eye contact, bombastic statements that she was the manager and had the right to do this, etc. Bill paid for the whole thing; reception and bar tab pittance and we left. Relatives and friends were shocked to say the least.
If you want cold, incompetent service from the management team here then by all means book it. Don't say you weren't warned.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee? Share your experiences!