We booked the Doubletree Hilton through Easybreaks because we have stayed at Hilton hotels previously, their Tripadvisor ratings, their leisure facilities and because of the distance we had to travel for a relaxing weekend. When we arrived in October we were asked to meet with Laura, Group Conference and Events Manager. Unfortunately, for reasons we still do not know, the hotel was overbooked and they could not accommodate us. There was a very slight moment when we began to feel angry about this situation. However, very quickly upon meeting Laura, we realised the hotel were doing their best to facilitate our weekend.
The hotel had booked us into the Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews. This hotel is also a 4 star, not a Hilton but a MacDonalds. During our discussion I expressed my upset that the Rusacks did not have leisure facilities. However they facilitated our return to use the Doubletree's facilities.
If I had never made an error or mistake in my working life I might have been a wee bit annoyed at not being able to stay in Dundee that weekend. However, upon realising they did everything they could do to remedy the situation we were happy.
Now we had two hotels to leave feedback on. The Rusacks in St Andrews was a really good hotel. Their 3 rosette restaurant food was indeed really lovely. Our highlight though was having breakfast overlooking the Golf Course, an experience we had not encountered before. So thank you Doubletree Hilton for that. The breakfast food however was just ok.
The staff at Doubletree Hilton cannot be faulted. Their customer training programme must be extensive and I would say to the Hilton please look after the staff you have. Whatever you are looking for in a relaxing weekend break this for us is perfect. Breakfast was super, being able to help ourselves to more than one piece of bacon, mushroom etc which was offered at the Rusacks. You have more than compensated us for the mishap of overbooking. We would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among six acres of landscaped gardens, a short drive from Dundee city centre, the hotel boasts spacious modern bedrooms, complimentary Wi-Fi in all public areas, complimentary car parking, AA Rosette dining in The Maze restaurant, Lounge Bar, 3 conference suites for up to 120 delegates and a fitness centre with swimming pool, sauna and steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landmark Dundee Hotel Dundee
- The Landmark Hotel Dundee
- Landmark Hotel Dundee
- DoubleTree By Hilton Dundee Scotland