“Very good -customer focussed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingsway West, Dundee DD2 5JT, Scotland (Formerly The Landmark Dundee)   |
Special Offer
Spring Saver Offer
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Linton, United Kingdom
“Very good -customer focussed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The simple things make the biggest difference.

Staff were all customer focussed and happy in their roles -what a difference that makes -all the rest was faultless and I was looking for any faults but couldn't see anything that needed attention.

A great location too -just off the A90 but quiet and a very good base for touring from.

No hesitation in going back or recommending this hotel

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Jack K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future and, in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Richard Ellison,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed recently at the hotel. My wife had stayed when it was under previous chain and we more or less knew what we could expect but were a little disappointed.

We have stayed in doubletree standard Hiltons before and this hotel seemed below standard. I'm not sure why Hilton have taken on this hotel - perhaps because the previous Hilton in Dundee is about to be demolished as part of the redevelopment of the waterfront. This hotel is very dated in design with a number of flat roofed extensions to the traditional building.

We found our room to be drab with dull decor and stained carpets. The room was also quite small and there was very little lay down space in the bathroom. The rooms are poorly soundproofed and noise could be easily heard from next door.

We ate in the restaurant one evening and in the bar the next. The same menus (3 in total) could be had in both. The A La Carte had some different selections from the norm and we selected from that the first night. The second night we chose from the bar menu. The menu suggests that the restaurant has one rosette for food. It was of quite a good standard.

Breakfast was a bit more limited to what we remember from previous Hilton stays. Plenty of cereals and juices but limited fruit and no cold meat platter that we could see. Some of the hot selections were also limited - no hash browns or fried eggs in the Buffett.

The biggest negative we found was the pool and changing room areas. The pool was very small. The steam room had a broken seat. The sauna was OK. The changing rooms stank like a public toilet and the smell also encroached into the pool area itself. A significant improvement is needed to these areas. We didn't even feel like using them the second day of our stay.

The biggest plus about the whole hotel was the service and attitude displayed by the staff. From reception to bar to restaurant everyone who served us was pleasant and helpful as well as being efficient.

Hopefully Hilton will invest some money in the hotel soon to bring the property up to a genuine Doubletree standard establishment to match the quality of the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear delbankin,

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests’ expectations and your comments will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts. I am however, sorry to learn that your stat was less than fully satisfactory due to our leisure facilities and room quality. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a very friendly hotel, attended for the weekend to help celebrate our son's big 40 birthday. Right from check in, staff were so happy and pleased to serve. Room was first class with everything you could wish for. Service in bar and restaurant was first class and as there was 18 of us they had a lot to please. Swimming pool and grounds were a joy for the children who spent a great amount of time enjoying these facilities.
Great hotel, staff and food made this a memorable weekend for all the right reasons. Will be back. Thanks .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear duff530,

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a wedding party & thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I found the reception and bar staff friendly and helpful with nothing too much of a problem. My room was ready on arrival good size and has all basic things you need the only small asks would be air con and a fridge!
I used the leisure facilities both very small but fine for the hotel. The pool is extremely small more to relax around than swim in. The gym has state of the art equipment and almost made it enjoyable!
I had breakfast both mornings I was a little unhappy with the service a bit all over the place but I think it was just due to how busy they were. I ordered the vegetarian breakfast and was disappointed that it wasn't quorn sausages as stated- no one wants vegetables in sausages for breakfast! I wasn't brought the breakfast I asked for it was more of a pile of anything they could find. However apart from breakfast the meals and service at the wedding itself were great.
It made a lovely venue and we were all very looked after I would definately recommend it and my small niggles were things which can easily be changed.
I would definately return.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Wrighty0,

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Visited Hotel and Restaurant with friends for dinner and we were very impressed with the service received from the staff. The food and beverage manager and restaurant waitresses provided excellent service and were most efficient to ensure the meal was to your satisfaction. This was our first visit to the Hotel but we will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We decided to book this hotel as we had a wedding here on July 27th 2013. Well, where to start. From arriving at reception on the Friday to check in, the service was first class. We were given a warm chocolate chip cookie, which was divine! Then on to our room...this was absolutely amazing...a sofa, coffee table,air conditioning -which was welcomed even in Scotland in July- one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in with lots of nice soft pillows, a nice hospitality tray which included Suchards hot chocolate...this went down great with the chocolate chip cookie! Then on to the bathroom...a large bath, a separate shower cubicle with possibly one of the strongest showers ever...great wake up call! We had an evening meal on the Friday night which was delicious and the buffet breakfast was a feast for hungry tummies. More than enough to satisfy the fussiest of eaters, and set us up nicely for the day ahead. After the wedding ceremony in Dundee we returned to the hotel and enjoyed a wee while sitting in the beautiful courtyard area. The wedding meal itself was out of this world. Overall, this hotel gets 100% from us, from the bar staff to waiters, housekeeping staff to the front of house team. Keep up the good work, hopefully we'll return soon

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good hotel with friendly staff,Hotel very clean and rooms very clean, Decorated and furnished to a high standard. Bar is very good too with reasonably priced drinks and food. The facilities are spot on as well with a pool and gym.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee? Share your experiences!