“Comfy stay after a long drive” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Woodlands Hotel
13 Panmure Terrace, Dundee DD5 2QL, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Dundee
Bewdley
“Comfy stay after a long drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed 1 night on business.

After a long drive from Worcestershire I was in need of a good nights rest and I certainly got one at the Woodlands.

A friendly warm welcome on arrival and easy check in. Room was on first floor, but a bit of a walk when carrying case/ laptop bag etc.

The room was quite small but comfortable. It was SO hot though. This meant that I had to pen the window and keep it open all night.

I used the leisure club and pool and these were decent. I had forgotten my towel on arrival and this appeared to be a crime in the eyes of the attendant, however I was presented with one prior to using the pool.

As this is hotel is away from the centre of town in a more residential area, I didnt spot anywhere to eat. Aftr quite a long day driving the last thing I wanted to do again was drive, so I chose to eat on site.

A set menu was available which I chose. The meal was OK but nothing spectacular, this was however reflected in the price.

Following dinner I retired to the bar to watch the end of the football which was a good size and had a good selection of drinks.

Bed was comfy, bathroom on small side but for 1 person, 1 night stay it was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very peaceful hotel. Staff very attentive. Stayed in a standard room with Kingsize bed topped with sky sports package to watch as a treat. Bar prices reasonable, lesiure facilities good for a hotel, breakfast - buffet style with lots on offer to order, parking lots of. Would recommend this place to anyone and would certaintly recomend visiting Broughty ferry for some place to eat even if for an ice cream!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Booked a family meal for Tuesday night. In the past food and service has been good.
The resturant was half full and we were seated at a window table.
Service was very slow and a long wait after ordering to receiving the food . Food was ok . We were never asked if we would like another drink and we had to ask for menu for desert. Staff were not interested. No tea or coffee offered either.
When I complained about about the time and the poor service I was told by the the resturant manager that a guest was wanting an iron board taken to his room !
I told him that this should not affect the service we were getting and paying for.
He sayed there was a staff shortage.
We spent a miserable 2 hours 30 mins in there. I regret going and spending our money there.
We won't be back unless invited as an appology.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jenny Y, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Woodlands Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Woodlands.

I apologise for the unacceptable level of service you experienced when dining with us that evening. I have addressed your comments with my restaurant team.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention as it allows us to review and improve our standards.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had 56 guests at my birthday party and have had rave reviews from all of them. The decor was lovely and the service was excellent. We stayed 3 nights and 29 of the guests stayed at least one or two nights. Our sons, wives and children stayed in interconnecting family rooms and the rest of us in double rooms. We all met at breakfast after the party and all enjoyed another chat in the breakfast rooms. I had a facial at Indulgence which was very relaxing and many of us enjoyed the pool, sauna and steam room. The preparation of the party was handled in an excellent way by Jenny Young. Nothing was a problem and everything went fantastically well. We had a smaller family party on the Friday in the Library dining room and it was delicious and put us in the mood for the big party the following day. All in all highly recommended. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went with my sisters to a birthday lunch at this hotel. The Woodlands is a well established hotel in Broughty Ferry, Dundee. The grounds are lovely,tree lined and with a large car park. The interior is well furnished and the dining room pleasantly appointed. The menu is homely I would say but this adds to the pleasure of eating here..Favourites like fish and chips,which I chose as my main, were listed alongside steak pie, chicken, pasta dishes etc. My fish was delicious, one of the best I have ever eaten, and the portion was huge for me. The chips were crispy and fluffy inside. Being a Scottish restaurant, the salmon main which one of my sisters had, was delicious as was my starter of smoked salmon. The service was excellent and the wine and coffee also good. The waiters brought out the birthday cake, and joined in Happy Birthday! Altogether, a very pleasant afternoon.

Room Tip: Visit website and see rooms for yourself, they are all well appointed .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
England of course !
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here whilst working away from home, but I am reviewing this as if I were paying the bill, the hotel was clean and front of desk helpful, I had arrived from a long journey and went to the bar to get a drink and a bar of chocolate, there was only one choice of chocolate at the bar and when I asked if there were others I was told straight away that was all they had..... strange when I walked through the bar for dinner later that evening there was a larger choice!! sorry just a petty gripe but the bar staff could have been more helpful.
The room: very dated, the double bed was two singles together and the pillows were without doubt the most uncomfortable I have had anywhere, but the room was very clean and the wifi was good and quick, fast enough to watch a streamed football match.
The restaurant: sorry to say this was no highlight to my stay most of the food seemed to be bought frozen and fried to order.
Saying all of this I think the place was ok value for money and ok for a night away from home whilst working but I may have to think twice if it was my own money in my own time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

myself, my husband. & 2 friends stayed here because we stayed here in December for a party night which was brilliant and the rooms were brilliant so my husband wanted to stay here for his birthday. It turns out there is an old part and new part to the hotel unfortunately for us we got the old rooms which although nice enough aren't a patch on th new rooms. The room was Very small and had crumbs on the floor when we went in. The shower is just a waste of time as there is No water pressure whatsoever!! We went for a swim the pool is small but tidy enough the ladies changing rooms are in need of a revamp the showers are so high up it took forever to wash my hair.
However we had our dinner in the restaurant and the food was spectacular and the staff couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was great and everything was hot and fresh even at 9.45.
If you are booking this hotel do it in plenty of time as they have loads of functions on and ask for a room in the new part.. All in all a great hotel if you stay in the great rooms but average if you don't.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Woodlands Hotel? Share your experiences!