“Good value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Gastropub, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bruach is a modern and upmarket spot in central Broughty Ferry. We offer lunch, early evening and weekend menus. Our menus reflect local, fresh and seasonal produce. Menus also change on a regular basis. Children are also welcome and we have disabled access and facilities. Our chefs cater for all dietary requirements. Please contact us if you specific requirements.Our bar is a popular spot for celebrating with friends, relaxing with a coffee or hosting a small function. We have an award-winning cocktail menu, excellent selection of wines and spirits.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very busy cocktail bar by night and good value restaurant bar by day, the Bruach special lunch offers cannot be beaten. 3 courses for only £5.95 and each of them coming with a tasty and varied choce of dishes. Frightened to recommend it if it means that I might not be able to get a table!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dundee
“TIRED”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Mrs B and I popped in early on Hogmany as we fancied some cocktails. We had not been in the pub for some time and overall the place appeared to us as being a bit tired. The tables were filthy and the windows were dirty. I ordered a French Martini which was frankly tasteless. Mrs B had a Bramble which had little taste with too much ice. A wee tip, when you bring drinks to the table, bring some napkins or mats. We recently had cocktails in Harvey Niks in Edinburgh........that's how to do cocktails!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Highly Recommended! From the Prosecco and Chips Vegan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love Bruach! I eat and drink there regularly and am always impressed both with the food and the service. On Sunday afternoons I often take a step back from my busy life to treat myself to a glass of Prosecco (very decadent - with a fresh strawberry or raspberry!) and a portion of hand-cut chips (delicious), while chilling with my Kindle - I don't need to ask any more as the Staff know what I want! I love the settee areas for chilling and the dining area upstairs is a lovely area for more formal meals. Being vegan, one of the best things about Bruach for me is their willingness to accommodate my dietary requirements. If I give them a bit of advance warning, Chef is always happy to prepare a 3-course vegan alternative to the regular menu and even when I went in one day for lunch without booking he was able to prepare a delicious vegan stir-fry there and then - that's what I call a real Chef!! Not all restaurants/bars are so accommodating! Even when I attended a private function there I was given my own vegan platter instead of the regular buffet food. Some restaurants think that because I'm vegan I only eat vegetables - Chef at Bruach obviously understands that I can eat other foods such as pasta, rice and noodles to accompany any vegan dish. So, keep on doing what you're doing, Bruach, Chef and Staff - a big thank you!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited for the first time today and found the whole experience well worth while. The Staff were very friendly and helpful and the food excellent value for money (3 courses for £6.00). Thought portions would be very small for this but I was wrong as the portions were more than adequate. Will certainly be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dundee, Scotland
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I visited the Bruach on 12th November 2012. I came across it unexpectantly. I was very impressed with the foo, service and the atmosphere. The staff were very courtious and helpful . I will be recommend the Bruach to all my family and friends. I will also be back in the not too distant future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere