“Friendly, welcoming and wonderful breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ashlea Manor Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dundee
Ashlea Manor Guest House
You added Ashlea Manor Guest House to your Saves list
2 Victoria Street | Monifieth, Dundee DD5 4HP, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 29 Dundee B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Friendly, welcoming and wonderful breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Ashlea Manor near Dundee and can thoroughly recommend it. It stands in a quiet location in Monifieth, about a 15 minute drive from Dundee. The hosts were very welcoming and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice including Stornoway Black Pudding - delicious. Dog friendly as well so all the family can enjoy a break!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Dear John & Ros,

how are you doing ? We hope you are doing fine..

We wish to thank you for our pleasant stay at your guest house. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The beautiful rooms were always neat and tidy and the beds were a joy for a good night sleep. Your hospitality was outstanding with a very warm welcome and always attending to our needs.

When we come back to Scotland we'll definately will come and visit you again ! We recommend your guest house to everyone !

And... a very special thanks for introducing us to the black pudding. Really tasty !

All the best, till next time and thank you for everything !

Kind regards,
Berry, Marcel and Adri

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Llanthony, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The fruit salad truly was fantastic, not to be missed, as was the rest of the wonderful breakfast, super home baked bread! Great hospitality, we had a really lovely stay and would recommend it to anyone. Our Queen sized bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. Really cannot fault a thing.
Tony and Chris (South Wales)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently stayed 2 weeks in the Guest House of Ashlea Monor and I couldn't have been more pleased. First off, everything I needed was right there: A full bedroom with great closet space; a full living room with television and radio; a full bathroom and an eat in kitchen. The bed was extremely comfortable! And the garden out back made for a picturesque view while having a cup of tea and toast for breakfast. When I had time, I joined Ros and John in the main house for a real breakfast. Ros is an incredible cook, and John is a delight to converse with. I really enjoyed them both. You wont find a better breakfast anywhere! I managed to persuade John to play me a song or two on the piano. He's really very good at that! I did get a tour of the entire house while I was there. If I were traveling on my own, I think a room in the house would have worked out just fine. But for this particular trip... the Guest House was a God send. It provided a little extra privacy and space that was much needed during this extended stay. If ever I return this way, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. It is convenient to transportation as well as a quick walk to the shops, etc.

Room Tip: Ros and John are excellent hosts. I wouldn't hesitate to trust there judgement completely in su...
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although this was a short visit we were made extremely welcome. The room and bed were sooooo comfortable. Slept very well and then in the morning we had a fantastic breakfast. You must try the very yummy fruit salad. It was delicious. Would highly recommend.

hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I booked for 2 weeks based on Trip Advisor ratings and couldn't be happier with my choice. Stayed in the cottage which was clean and very comfortable. Ros provided us with a fresh loaf of homemade bread, a block of butter, marmalade, tea, sugar and milk which was our daily breakfast except for the days we indulged in the most delicious Scottish breakfasts made by Ros and served by John in the main house. On the days that our relatives didn't transport us around, we found it very convenient to have buses to Dundee and Caroustie stopping at the front door. The best "chipper" around these parts (Seaway) along with Tesco, bakeries and newspaper shops is a 5 minute walk down the road. I can't forget to mention the beautiful views of the gardens from our windows. I would highly recommend Ashlea Manor and I will most certainly stay here again on my next trip "home" to Scotland.

Margaret from Hull, Massachusetts, USA

Room Tip: The Cottage is great if you are looking for more privacy; however, after getting a tour of the main...
Louth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

An excellent b&b. Ros and John couldn't have been nicer, the breakfast was fantastic, amazing choice. Room was perfect, really lovely touches. Can't say enough good things about my stay, thank you both very much.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Ashlea Manor Guest House? Share your experiences!