I would just like to echo a lot of what has already been posted.
The Holiday Inn Express is a new hotel near to the waterfront and town centre
A good location, with ample nearby pay and display parking, which seems a problem to some people, but all of Dundee town seems to be pay and display, so the £5 for all day that the hotel do seems like a good deal
Our room 201, had no working ventilation fan in the bathroom, and absolutly STANK after cleaning, it would have been better with the fan !
The free WiFi available in the lounge is a good touch
The breakfast is good, for continental, with just about something for everyone, the free daily paper available as a pick up in the lounge was a nice touch as well .
We booked over the net and at £39 per night, you get what you pay for, although it would have been nice to know that a "standard" room was infact a twin and not a double.
Quite a good base for taking a look at the Fife Coast area, with stunning beaches nearby
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dundee is a stylish hotel offering an inclusive Express Start breakfast with hot options. Within the hotel there is free wireless internet access throughout. All 95 bedrooms offer freeview television, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer and power shower. Holiday Inn Express Dundee is perfectly located in the heart of Dundee City Centre just a 5 minute walk from both Discovery Point & RRS Discovery and HM Frigate Unicorn. For sports fans Holiday Inn Express Dundee is within easy reach of the Dundee International Sports Centre as well as Dundee United Football Club and Dundee Football Club. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Train Station and Bus Station and only a 5 minute taxi journey to Dundee Airport. For the keen golfers the Holiday Inn Express Dundee is well situated for Open Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Carnoustie. The hotel has 2 great value meeting rooms which are modern, informal and ideal for presentations, interviews and training. Everything you need is included from audio visual and projection equipment to stationery. Buffet lunch and snacks can be arranged at an additional cost. Parking is available in the nearby Gellatly Street Council Car Park with an access bridge direct to reception from level 3 of the car park. Parking is free between 6 pm and 8 am with charges applicable outwith these times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel Dundee
- Dundee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Scotland