We had a family tragedy and needed to get away for the night just the two of us and decided on Dundee as not too far but far enough. Wanted something cheap so for £69 the day before we booked the Holiday Inn Express in Dundee. I was dreading it, but am eating my words. 24hr secure car park nearby only cost us £5 and was minutes from the hotel. Reception on the 1st floor but was clean spacious and the receptionist was lovely. Room was great bigger than I had anticipated, bed was a bit bouncy for my taste and reminded me of a very full waterbed. We could open the window which was a bonus but there are major roadworks just outside the hotel so the noise in the morning put is off (we stayed on a Friday night). Had a great night in the town then home for a drink in the hotel. Nobody else in the bar so we only had one as there was no atmosphere but that was ok. Good nights sleep, shower room good but as with all showers with the curtain facing the shower itself there was water everywhere. Good pressure and only a couple of spots of mildew - which is my pet hate - so managed fine apart from very very wet floor. Breakfast was great not a massive selection but we didn't want for anything so headed home relaxed with a full tummy. I left my mobile phone in the room (daftie) but housekeeping got it and although it took them a while I paid for postage back and got it a week or so later. There was a miscommunication about posting and the cost - if I had known I needed to pay for it I would have straight away. My thanks to Ian the duty manager who sorted me out eventually and got my phone back to me - good lad. This hotel is right in the centre of Dundee, 2 minutes walk from the city centre - I would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel Dundee
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel
- Dundee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dundee is a stylish hotel offering a complimentary buffet style continental breakfast. Within the hotel there is Wi-Fi internet access, in the public areas and cabled access in the guestrooms. All 95 bedrooms offer satellite tv, in-room movies, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer and power shower. Holiday Inn Express Dundee is perfectly located in the heart of Dundee City Centre just a 5 minute walk from both Discovery Point & RRS Discovery and HM Frigate Unicorn. For sports fans Holiday Inn Express Dundee is within easy reach of the Dundee International Sports Centre as well as Dundee United Football Club and Dundee Football Club. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Train Station and Bus Station and only a 5 minute taxi journey to Dundee Airport. For the keen golfers the Holiday Inn Express Dundee is well situated for Open Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Carnoustie. The hotel has 2 great value meeting rooms which are modern, informal and ideal for presentations, interviews and training. Everything you need is included from audio visual and projection equipment to stationery. Buffet lunch and snacks can be arranged at an additional cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.