I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel having read some of the mixed reviews on here. I found the staff to be very helpful and polite at check-in. They were able to provide me with a range of takeaway menus from which to order food (I arrived too late in the evening to go out and eat). The room was comfortable. Carpet definitely needing replacing though! Also, I found the room to be a little warm and stuffy for my liking, even with the heater turned off. I didn’t want to have the window open due to the noise of the main road outside. The bed was comfortable and the shower was really powerful. I was quite impressed with breakfast in the morning – there was a really wide variety of food to help yourself to (cereals, yoghurts, fruit, toast, rolls, croissants, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, beans, etc), and although the quality wasn’t top notch it was perfectly adequate to set you up for the day ahead. Car parking is in a multi-story next door to the hotel. You can either access the car park from a walkway next to reception or via street level (turn left when you come out of the hotel and then left again on to Gellatly Street). It cost me £7.30 to leave the car for about 18 hours. I think they only charge you during the day.
If you can get a good deal on a room here it is certainly worth considering if you want to be within walking distance of the city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Dundee is a stylish hotel offering an inclusive Express Start breakfast with hot options. Within the hotel there is free wireless internet access throughout. All 95 bedrooms offer freeview television, complimentary tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer and power shower. Holiday Inn Express Dundee is perfectly located in the heart of Dundee City Centre just a 5 minute walk from both Discovery Point & RRS Discovery and HM Frigate Unicorn. For sports fans Holiday Inn Express Dundee is within easy reach of the Dundee International Sports Centre as well as Dundee United Football Club and Dundee Football Club. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Train Station and Bus Station and only a 5 minute taxi journey to Dundee Airport. For the keen golfers the Holiday Inn Express Dundee is well situated for Open Championship golf courses such as St Andrews and Carnoustie. The hotel has 2 great value meeting rooms which are modern, informal and ideal for presentations, interviews and training. Everything you need is included from audio visual and projection equipment to stationery. Buffet lunch and snacks can be arranged at an additional cost. Parking is available in the nearby Gellatly Street Council Car Park with an access bridge direct to reception from level 3 of the car park. Parking is free between 6 pm and 8 am with charges applicable outwith these times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dundee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel Dundee
- Dundee Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Dundee Scotland