Driving up to Hartfell on a really cold evening, the old world charm of the building shone at the end of the crescent. Rob welcomed us as if we where old friends and showed us to our charming twin room. A short time later, dinner in the Limetree restaurant. Excellent meal. Excellent value. A quick walk around a freezing Moffat and off to a comfy bed with the requested Hypo allergenic pillows and quilts. Breakfast had cereal and juice to start if required and then an excellent cooked breakfast. The sad part, having only stayed one night. On leaving, the lovely young owners checked where we were going and told us of the traffic conditions and which way to go. Thank you. Ps. If you are going to the Commonwealth games, unlike Glasgow, Hartfell House hasn't upped its prices. Glasgow is an easy hour away. What a place to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1850, this impressive Victorian house is in a peaceful terrace high above the town, having lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Beautifully maintained, its bedrooms offer high quality and comfort. The award winning Limetree Restaurant serves a charismatic blend of modern and traditional cooking with Scottish and global influence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and Tingo so you can book your Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant Hotel Moffat
- Hartfell House And The Limetree Restaurant
- Hartfell House & The Limetree Restaurant Moffat, Scotland