We stayed at the Moffat House Hotel for 2 nights, 17/18th August, as we were renewing our wedding vows at Grtna Green. Our group consisted of 21 people that all stayed in the hotel and the feeling amongst us was that the stay was superb.
We had breakfast on both mornings and a family meal on the Saturday night, all of which were excellent. All the staff were brilliant and Michael the manager was first class, they were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I can only comment on our rooms but they were clean and comfy. We had room 17 on Friday night, it was a good size, had a comfy bed and a fully working shower. We stayed in the honeymoon suite on Saturday night and that again was excellent. We booked the sun lounge for our family meal on Saturday night and very good. The weather was good and the doors opened onto the garden, which was ideal. We were then offered the lounge for our breakfat on the Sunday morning so that we could dine as a group, which we thought was a nice gesture.
Overall, I would say our stay was excellent, comfy rooms, good food and friendly staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel is an elegant mansion transformed into a stylish and comfortable retreat for family and friends, set in the charming Victorian spa town of Moffat. Built for The Earl of Hopetoun in the 1750s, it has been carefully maintained and modernised to retain all of it's elegance. Proprietors The Lawson family, along with their friendly staff, offer you a very warm welcome. Only 45 minutes from Glasgow, over 1 hour from Edinburgh and 15 minutes' drive from historic Gretna, The Moffat House Hotel is the ideal retreat to help you make the most of your time in the area. Set within private grounds, this stunning Victorian style hotel combines traditional elegance, comfort and a warm welcome. Keep connected from the comfort of your guest room with WiFi. Your room uniquely reflects the character of this traditional building without compromising on modern amenities. Check in to a Deluxe Four Poster guestroom and enjoy extra space, and beautiful views of the Scottish countryside. You can expect a heartfelt welcome, superb facilities. We have beautiful rooms equipped with everything you need for a relaxing break, so make our hotel your home and relax, have fun with or without the kids and enjoy very special grown-up time for yourselves. We are sure it will be a stay to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Moffat Hotel
- Moffat Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel Scotland