“Wedding Vow Renewal at Gretna, Excellent stay in Moffat” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Moffat DG10 9HL, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Moffat
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Wedding Vow Renewal at Gretna, Excellent stay in Moffat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Moffat House Hotel for 2 nights, 17/18th August, as we were renewing our wedding vows at Grtna Green. Our group consisted of 21 people that all stayed in the hotel and the feeling amongst us was that the stay was superb.
We had breakfast on both mornings and a family meal on the Saturday night, all of which were excellent. All the staff were brilliant and Michael the manager was first class, they were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I can only comment on our rooms but they were clean and comfy. We had room 17 on Friday night, it was a good size, had a comfy bed and a fully working shower. We stayed in the honeymoon suite on Saturday night and that again was excellent. We booked the sun lounge for our family meal on Saturday night and very good. The weather was good and the doors opened onto the garden, which was ideal. We were then offered the lounge for our breakfat on the Sunday morning so that we could dine as a group, which we thought was a nice gesture.
Overall, I would say our stay was excellent, comfy rooms, good food and friendly staff

Room Tip: No lift to upper floors so ask for a ground floor room if you have difficulty with stairs etc....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Spent one night in this hotel prior to my grandsons wedding. To say it is 3 star is a joke. In our room alone the walls and windows were grubby and the morning of the wedding when we went to take a shower to our dismay the hot and cold taps would mix but when put on to shower mode it blocked the cold water and therefore the water was just boiling. A bath was imposssible as I am waiting for a knee replacement and could get into a bath but would never get out. The cost of the room was £109 for one night and I have never paid this sort of money for what I call a one star Hotel. It all looks very pretty from the outside but get into the rooms and the real picture emerges. We were not the ony guests to complain, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. Most of our travelling party were unhappy with their rooms for the price

Room Tip: Book elsewhere better Hotels in Moffatt
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We come to Moffat a couple of times a year. We've stayed at the Moffat House Hotel more than once and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, so much so that we decided to hold our wedding there. The staff were brilliant. Paul the manager was also superb. All of our guests were very impressed with the hotel. The wedding day itself was brilliant apart from a couple of minor setbacks which were no fault of the hotel (wedding dress issues), the sun was shining and we had the ceremony outside. Cant praise the wedding meal enough, just a pity I couldn't finish it all. We are already talking about booking in for our 1st anniversary.
Overall I can't reccomend this place enough. If you do stay here you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Largs, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booked and paid for a double room in this hotel over two and a half months ago for the 18th and 19th Aug. only to be phoned today and told they had overbooked and that the room was not available until 19th. I am only commenting on the incompetance of the hotel management as I will not now get a chance to comment on the qaulity of the place.
I cancelled the booking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cumbernauld, Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked in last minute and paid £89.00 for 1 night. Room was "okay" and breakfast was fine,.
I accidently left my phone charger and a ring my huband had just bought me as a gift in the room on our departure.
I called the hotel and they advised they had the charger but not the ring.They said they would check with the maids in the morning. I called again the next day and was advised they now had the ring "BUT IT WAS NOT SILVER" !!!!!!!!! why should it matter ???? It was a swarovski ring and it belonged to me. Ovbiously someone had checked it out!!!!
I called the hotel and asked if they could post them on to me to save a journey back down. The hotel have just told me they have charged me £8.70 to post the items 2nd class. I have not received the items although they claim to have posted them. I questioned the postage charge as there is no weight in the items and posting first class with a signature would have been £2.10. When i called the hotel i was rudley informed that it was NOT the hotel's issue as i had requested postage. Total rip off £8.70 second class and never arrived. My cc has been charged.
Not standard expected from a Best Western.....................

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

stayed here on day 11 of cycling from lands end to john o'groats so have 10 hotels/b&bs fresh in mind to compare. nice location set back from main street in very pretty market town. hotel has plenty of character. we were in room 6 at the back. nice and quiet. great beds too so good night's sleep. only bbc on the tv - no itv which was odd. but the real problem is the bathroom. the shower is old and feeble and the grouting round the bath dirty. the flooring is rather tired. so a decent room badly let down by the en suite.

• Stayed July 2012
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

just returned from the Moffat house hotel where me and my new wife had a brilliant wedding and a superb weekend.The day was brill though a little wet,but the staff bent over backwards to get the ceremony done outside,with Paul the manager coming with a great idea at the last minute,lovely ceremony very intimate,then onto the reception.I really dont know were to start the food was out of this world,delivered on time by very friendly staff,all the guests commented how good the food was from starter to the dessert.We stayed in the honeymoon suite 4 poster bed,superb just cannot say enough good things about this hotel.We are going to return for our 1st anniversary, and i am already looking forward to the lamb!!. I going to finish with a massive thank you to Paul and his staff for looking after myself, Lynn and my friends and family over the weekend,and anyone looking for a wedding location look no further this place is top draw .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Moffat House Hotel? Share your experiences!