“Best B n B we have stayed in!!” 5 of 5 stars

12 Beechgrove, Moffat DG10 9RS, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Moffat B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ashington, United Kingdom
“Best B n B we have stayed in!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped off in Moffat whilst on way to Glasgow as we realised journey was a step too far in one day!!! Checked out Trip Advisor on my new IPhone and liked the sound of Queensberry House and certainly the fab reviews helped in our decision! Rang ahead and luckily they had one room left !! What a fantastic welcome and cool drink in their comfy lounge, Paul and Denise were the perfect hosts in every way!! Good advice on where to eat and bedroom was both very stylish and comfortable! Ensuite bijou but beautiful!!! Breakfast next morning was a delight and they couldn't do enough for us!!! If only all Bed and Breakfasts could be like Queensberry House!! We will certainly recommend it to our friends and make sure we return soon especially to check out the Moffat area AND to have another great stay at Paul and Denise's !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I Stayed at Queensberry house on the recommendation of friends who have stayed there on many occasions and I was not disappointed. From the moment I walked in Denise and Paul made me feel at ease and at home.
My room was impeccably clean, comfortable and decorated to an extremely high standard. After settling in Denise and Paul gave great advice as to what to do during my visit.
I have stayed in many top hotels and I have to say that the breakfast was the best I have eaten great quality and perfectly cooked.
I can recommend Queensberry house to any one in terms of comfort, friendliness and value for money. Having found this little gem I will be returning and can't wait to see Denise and Paul again again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
West yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to Dunblane. We had high expectations having read the reviews on trip adviser and we weren't disappointed. Friendly helpful hosts, immaculate rooms and superb breakfast all made our stay perfect. Paul and Denise have considered every detail even supplying a complimentary pre dinner drink in the lounge and Ovaltine in the bedroom. Paul advised us where to eat and happily chilled our champagne and supplied the flutes. The breakfast was second to none we chose scrambled egg with ribbons of smoked salmon which was delicious. Excellent value for money we will definitely stay again if we are in this area. Thank you Richard and Caroline

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Queensberry house after visiting family in the Scottish Highlands. We were warmly welcomed by Denise and Paul and after travelling on a very hot day Denise kindly offered us a chilled drink and strawberries on arrival. Both Paul and Denise were very helpful advising us about the area and local restaurants. We stayed in the Thistle room which was immaculate. The breakfast was delicious and we were offered an extensive choice on the menu. The only downside was that we were only staying for one night and wished that we could have stayed longer. Paul and Denise were wonderful hosts and we are looking forward to our next visit. Thank you Paul and Christine

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just returned from weekend away for wedding in Lockerbie stayed here in Moffat for two nights what a pleasure Paul and Denise where wonderful hosts , they made us feel so welcome like we were friends quality and great value for money( Thanks ) kathleen and Gerald.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my second trip to Queensberry House and try as I might, I cannot help but leave another outstanding review!
Paul and Denise certainly run an exemplary B&B and cannot be beaten on comfort, cleanliness, hospitality, quality or value for money! I was arriving late in to Moffat but a quick call to Queensberry House from the motorway services ensured that they made a dinner reservation for me (Moffat can be surprisingly busy!) and they were more than happy to take my wet walking gear off my hands and dry it overnight.
After an exhausting day, I was yet again surprised by how comfortable my room was and had one of the best night's sleep I have had in a long while - the only thing that could tempt me out of bed was Denise's delicious breakfast (P&D - ever thought about opening a café?!)!
All in all, I cannot wait for visit number 3!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and could not fault it. The hosts Denise and Paul could not have been more helpful. They made us feel as part of their family. The room was perfectly decorated and the breakfast was to die for. The guesthouse is perfectly situated in Moffat and is only about a 5 minute walk into the centre. Highly recommended. We will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Queensberry House? Share your experiences!