This is a Travelodge / Travel Inn type of place on a motorway service area. There doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can safely walk to from here and there is only the usual motorway services type facilities on the site.
Twenty odd of us stayed in this Days Inn for a couple of nights last week for a wedding taking place at nearby Gretna Green (which is about a mile away but the taxis were very reasonable - £6 for an eight seater). Some of the other people we bumped into in the Hotel suggest that this Days Inn is used a lot for wedding groups. There were at least two other groups staying while we were there.
The place was very clean but getting ready for a lick of paint and slightly frayed at the edges.
The staff were mostly friendly and helpful (for instance my youngest daughter locked her 'key' in her room four times and the staff kindly provided a replacement on each occasion with good humour) but on the last morning (checkout time is 11:00) the water in all our rooms went off at 09:00, so people were unable to use showers or go to the loo after this time. One of our party mentioned this and was dismissed in a fairly off-hand manner being told that "it doesn't matter" (perhaps not to the staff, but it did to me - having to share a car on the way home with a smelly brother-in-law. Sorry Scott). Now I don't know whether this is tactic at this particular Days Inn to get people to check out early, or whether it was just a problem on that particular morning but it certainly left a sour taste.
Overall not a bad place to stay and no major problems other than the (lack of) water incident.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel Gretna Green
- Days Inn Gretna Green m74 Hotel
- Days Inn Gretna
- Days Inn Gretna Green
- Gretna Green Days Inn
- Days Inn Gretna Green M74 Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Gretna Green is close to the M74 and M6 motorways, and within easy reach of Carlisle. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking. Newcastle-upon-Tyne and County Durham are about 1 hour from the hotel. The famous wedding village of Gretna Green is close by. Tasteful en suite rooms and personal service make this convenient hotel an ideal place to break your journey. Each bedroom has a TV (with Freeview channels), a free hot drinks tray and newspaper, a hairdryer and a trouser press. All rooms have broadband Wi-Fi at an additional cost. Pets are permitted in the hotel. Please inform the hotel when you make your booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Days Inn Gretna Green M74 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.