“Couldn't ask for any more...” 5 of 5 stars

Greenlaw Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Glasgow Roead, Gretna Green DG16 5DU, Scotland   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Gretna Green B&B and Inns
Wrexham
“Couldn't ask for any more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

From the moment I booked this direct with Pauline, I knew I was in good hands. Nothing seemed too much trouble and she was very warm, friendly and helpful.

The room we had was exactly what we needed. It was warm, clean and the bed was very comfortable. As I was the best man at my friends wedding I needed a good nights sleep and was not dissapointed.

Breakfast was spot on and Pauline couldnt do enough for us. I had a full cooked breakfast which was one of the best cooked breakfasts I had had for a while and set me up for the day. My girlfriend would also reccomend the scrambled eggs with smoked Salmon.

I will definately be using Greenlaw Guest house again should I be visiting Gretna in the future. Thank you Pauline for a truely enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed at the Greenlaw when renewing our wedding vows for our 5th anniversary. It was absolutely wonderful and cannot understand the people complaining about check outs and breakfast times. If you can't get out of bed by 9 in the morning, you are just a lazy slob and, anyway, nobosy is forcing you to eat it. Our breakfast was great, fresh orange juice on the table, cereals, toast and a great selection for the hot meal. Our room was nice, ensuite with a shower and a bedroom overlooking the irish sea. Plenty of tea and coffee and clean towels. Very comfortable and great value for money. Pauline is a gem; very friendly and helpful and a wonderful host. And it's right across the road from the train station. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bradford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Arrived over an hour after check in finished but called ahead so the owner waited for us. Very pleasant, no problems at all that we had made her wait. We were booked in the four poster bed room which was lovely and was without a doubt the comfiest bed I have ever slept in! I agree that the breakfast was very early but it was really tasty and it wasnt the end of the world getting up to eat it before going back to bed to sleep off the hangover! And the early check out the next day didn't really affect us as we were getting picked up anyway. Overall, a very pleasant stay in a lovely room run by a very friendly and helpful owner very close to all amenities. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2011
Mexborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

myself and my husband stayed at the greenlaw with our 3 children ages 4 , 9 ,14 and my parents who are in there 50s over the weekend of 4th and 5th september 2011 for my brothers wedding ,we had 2 rooms room 6 and 8 these were very clean with towels tea and coffee facillates which were re stocked straight away as were the used towels etc as we had used them because the weather on the first day was very wet and cold the breakfasts were wonderful with lots of choice and our oldest son was given an adults breakfast without any extra cost the greenlaw was an excellent place to spend our weekend it was enjoyed by all of us and we would defanatly stay here again thankyou pauline for a great stay xx

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Aldershot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

A very warm welcome,our room was lovely and clean we enjoyed the breakfast there was lots of it....Thanks pauline for a nice stay x

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
cannock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I would like to write a review but as our rooms were double booked all I can do is give ZERO for service. Although ours was the original booking we were made to feel that we had to go elsewhere. I am sure they felt they had dealt with the situation by making a few phone calls to try and find 2 double rooms which they did, an apology and "its never happened before" and returned our deposits. I would like to assure them that it was far from satisfactory and almost spoilt what was a very special weekend our sons' wedding, however, by reading some of the other reviews perhaps we had a lucky escape.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Two good nites two very good meals & two excellent hosts see u again laws & trina

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Greenlaw Guest House? Share your experiences!